Hacking FileSystem Error No Matter What SD I Use - Brand New Gateway (1 week old)

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This just started happening today ... Formatted an 8gb microsd to exfat to try it out ... started moving some of my games off my 32gb fat32 microsd to see how it runs ... Ran great and as expected for the whole day ...

I then put my 32gb back in and all of a sudden get a File System error ... I put the other card back in and it's the same error ...

Restart my 3ds, format cards multiple times in exfat and fat32 ... still no dice. I keep trying the diagnostic tool and it fails on step 4.

Could my 1 week old Gateway really be having read problems this early ?

This gateway isn't a clone either and was back from reputable seller ... At my witts ends here, dont want to rma but I guess I have to.

Anybody at all have any advice ?

TFMmQg9.jpg

t8gpop2.jpg

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Its not your Gateway card at fault, it sounds like your Micro-SD card has crapped out. Have you got another one to test?

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the panasonic formatter on my 32gb sandisk, no dice with just one .3ds game in there. Then I took an 8gb card (which was supposed to be a 64gb but only takes 8 gb) which worked the same day as the 32 gb but no dice. I have one other microsd which is the 1gb inside my blue card and it gave me the same error :-/

Also formatted slow formatting on the 32gb but it was through windows

Pins look fine, I can take a photo inside there too. Modchipsdirect hasn't gotten back to me yet ... I ordered a second card for a friend 2 days ago before this happened and I will try the microsds in that card. If they work, I am going to rma or threaten to back-charge the payment ...

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Freshly formatted (slow) 1gb microsd to fat32 using the panasonic formatter. Still no luck.

8ddu6Lu.jpg

dnbkt5.jpg

nqad0y.jpg

Last one is what the very bottom on the inside looks like. They seem to be fine but I could be missing something.

Anyway these are as good as I could get photo wise. I'm ready to rip open the sticker but then my warrenty would be voided ... still no word from modchipsdirect

ilia

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Freshly formatted (slow) 1gb microsd to fat32 using the panasonic formatter. Still no luck.

8ddu6Lu.jpg

dnbkt5.jpg

nqad0y.jpg

Last one is what the very bottom on the inside looks like. They seem to be fine but I could be missing something.

Anyway these are as good as I could get photo wise. I'm ready to rip open the sticker but then my warrenty would be voided ... still no word from modchipsdirect

I also have experienced that problem with 8 gb card. After formatting to exfat there was a filesystem error. but in the end (after i write a raw image and then formated it in my tablet in fat 32) it suddenly started to work. I am about to think that this problem occured because of formatting to exfat.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Protip: always use quick format when formatting digital storage media using Windows (slow format isn't even really used for a good reason with magnetic media)

PS. Assuming you don't care about someone possibly retrieving old data from your storage media

nerd1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe it was just me, but I stuffed around for a few hours formatting one microsd card after another to get both blue and red card to work.

I ditched the blue card in favor of a R4SDHC to run the GW_INSTALLER. That worked and I continued to struggle to get the games to work.

What I figured out in the end is, games have to be in the root directory of the microsd card. And you need to press "SELECT" to choose which ROM you want to load before a ROM icon will appear for you to play.

I tested this first on fat32, after playing a while I moved all the ROMs from their folders and put it in the root directory of an exFAT formatted microsd card. Its working fine now...

I still haven't gotten the blue card to work. I may look into it when I have some time.

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a second unit a few hours away from being delivered ... I will try my old 32gb card in that one once more and not going to convert it to exfat. I still havent heard back from them regarding the first unit.

Now that I look through my bank statement ... they charged me an additional 3 bucks that wasn't on my invoice ... Most likely will call my bank and reverse the charge.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I took an 8gb card (which was supposed to be a 64gb but only takes 8 gb)

That's a sign of a fake card. Where are you buying your cards? Try and get a card from a major retailer (Best Buy, OfficeMax, you could even try Walmart if that's all you have local) so you know it's real.

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New card came in the mail. Friend put it in his xl and it made him update getting into GATEWAY mode. After the update, everything worked ask before with my microsd working right away.

New card is exactly the same as the old. Both legit cards ... with the metal contacts lining up with the image from Gateways site.

Here was the update I describe above ... what does this do exactly. Reflash the cart or the sd ? Maybe I can downgrade to 2.1 and see if that works ?

srAwyf5.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1