Hacking Files getting corrupted.

Master_SL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 2Gb Kingston for my R4DS and i noticed that every now and then the files on the R4 get corrupted. Most specifically, my files for the background (i.e. background1.bmp).
So I took it, formatted it and replaced the files.

A few days later my TTMenu folder is corrupted as well, again, only the image files.
I also recently downloaded GBAExploader for my EZ Flash 3v1.

Does anyone know if its the the Kingston or the GBAExploader app causing the corruption of the image files?
I have a SanDisk 1 Gb and never experienced any corruption with it so I've been thinking it was the Kingston but the fact that only my image files get corrupted is confusing.

I haven't used the GBAExploader app with the Sandisk.

And yes its an official R4. Its not one of those silly clones.

abc2390986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
My friend's R4 has the same problem. Maybe yours is also the older version.

At first the image files will be screwed up. And finally the files will all disappear.

I am still figuring out the reason.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The reason? Faulty flashcards. Flashcards don't last indefinably and degrade over time and constant use. The R4 and especially their clones have been known to have a high rate of corruption. While the original, real R4 rate is moderately low, the changes increase greatly with its clones mostly due to shotty and cheap materials and parts they use too produce them.

Your best option is to completely reformat the flashcard when it becomes corrupted and leave around 40-100 megs of free space on the flashcard at all times to help act as a buffer. In many cases, corruption was caused due to insufficient space on the card while the flashcard or homebrew tries to perform an action that requires more space than is available. While there is no 100% sure way to prevent data corruption, you can lessen the risk of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la