Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install Neek2o and I can't seem to find any information about WHERE to put the files. I used SNEEK installer to install UNEEK, and I have the forwarder WAD for NEEK2o, but the "revision" files doesn't include any instructions and the Wiki for the downloads page includes no information about it either.

neek2o-rev96 includes the following files:

armboot.bin
dimodule-sd.elf
dimodule-usb.elf
esmodule.elf
esmodule-sdon.elf
fsmodule-sd.elf
fsmodule-usb.elf

And there is also a "bootneek2o.dol" file

With the exception of armboot.bin I do not have any of the other files in either my SD or USB hard drive. The file names of some indicate which drive they go to, but from there I have no idea what to do with them.

It would really help me if someone can give me a complete directory structure of exactly what is needed to run Neek2o. Whenever I try to load the channel as it is now I just get a black screen and nothing happens. I also get a black screen when I try to open bootneek2o.dol through the Multi-Mod Manager.

(Note: I already have a Nand folder and it works with USB Loader GX, and the USB hard drive is naturally inserted correctly. I am just trying to get the DLC to work for EmuNAND games)

EDIT: Now I also get a black screen when trying to load BootMii - which worked perfectly before install UNEEK using the SNEEK Installer and I don't even see a place to open UNEEK with the Homebrew Browser.

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I made some progress. Turns out that the nand folders have to be top level. (which is weird since I thought there was a setting to be able to choose between different EmuNAND) When I moved them it loaded up in just a few minutes. Unfortunately, only the first 4 pages loaded up (is there a way to access more than 4?) and I still don't have an idea about how to get the Neek2o revision files installed.

Also, the Neek2o menu options (by pressing 1) are... a green distorted mess. Can't read them.

I can view the DLC at least which is an improvement, but load times are so slow! Is it supposed to take 5 minutes every time I load it up or go back to the menu from a game?

Eric76

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i used several modmii. updates some don't write a folder copy to usb en every time i missing the files nandpath.txt en nandslot.bin.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used several modmii. updates some don't write a folder copy to usb en every time i missing the files nandpath.txt en nandslot.bin.

This thread is from 2013. If you want to use NEEK just dump your real NAND and put it in /nands/<somename> - neek2o should work fine with it.

If you're looking what to do with the files mentioned in the OP you're using a really old NEEK.

Eric76

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ow oke, thanks.
I Am nieuw on it.
And tryed as many programs i find on the web. But nothing works. I wil try neeko2.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to set it up without having to compile the kernel yourself use ModMii. There is a menu ("S" option) that walks you through everything. It should even create a custom HTML guide for you to follow. The .elf files mentioned in an earlier post are only if you're building neek2o manually. ModMii is much easier.

EDIT: You may end up with ModMii saying it can't download something it needs to finish. If it's "unrar.exe" you can get it from here: https://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrarw32.exe

Just run it and tell it to copy to your ModMii\temp folder.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Codemastershock

Eric76

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello there, i used modmii 6.4.1 al go's wel but at the end it say's neek2o-rev96 not installed.
i ignored that and copy de sd files to the sd and did the same with usb/hdd to usb/hdd (Fat32)
the i connect it al to my wii en load it up. i installed 3 wads.

switchmii a switch to sneek mod : this one is freezing only see the info from the program and it stays on the screen.
switcht2uneek : this one says when i try to load the uneek nand cannot read usb:/nandpath.txt file en it go's back to the system menu.
Neek.0 its from Sneek this on say's (and it go's ferry fast so i have to make a video to read it slow),
checking for kernel.bin not found couldn.t load kernel.bin into memory.

So is there a other wad/channel that i have to use to load the usb nand?

i read on some post online that some peaple als don't get the file Nandslot.bin en Nandpath.txt when the used ModMii.

PS, i have the wii al long time now 2012 the first thing i did was softmodding it with the first diskles moddinghack.
formatted a hdd to a WBFS partition and put my iso games to wbfs files on it.
also get manny game wads from old games and put it on my pc. but used 6 a 7 wad games because the wii memory had no more space

Then i get married got children.
Now is 2017

and have some more time to play on the wii
So i found a softmod Wiibrand and resoftmodded my wii. and also found some info about making a wii memory on a hdd.
what i wand to try is to put all the wad games on that virtual wii memory on one partition from the hdd fat32 en leave the wbfs partition as it is.
so i can play al the old games from the virtual nand using the channels it created. and play the wbfs games tru a usb loader like GX.

is this possible ?

i read somewhere that te wbfs game must be placed on the wbfs file created bij modmii.

exuse me for my bad english i am from holland somewhere on the upper place

o jah i have also tryed to copy your rar file to the temp folder from modmii en unpacked it, but is opens en closed so fast i did not see if it do something.

i hope i hear about you when you have the time for it.

already thanks.

pimpmaul69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install Neek2o and I can't seem to find any information about WHERE to put the files. I used SNEEK installer to install UNEEK, and I have the forwarder WAD for NEEK2o, but the "revision" files doesn't include any instructions and the Wiki for the downloads page includes no information about it either.

neek2o-rev96 includes the following files:

armboot.bin
dimodule-sd.elf
dimodule-usb.elf
esmodule.elf
esmodule-sdon.elf
fsmodule-sd.elf
fsmodule-usb.elf

And there is also a "bootneek2o.dol" file

With the exception of armboot.bin I do not have any of the other files in either my SD or USB hard drive. The file names of some indicate which drive they go to, but from there I have no idea what to do with them.

It would really help me if someone can give me a complete directory structure of exactly what is needed to run Neek2o. Whenever I try to load the channel as it is now I just get a black screen and nothing happens. I also get a black screen when I try to open bootneek2o.dol through the Multi-Mod Manager.

(Note: I already have a Nand folder and it works with USB Loader GX, and the USB hard drive is naturally inserted correctly. I am just trying to get the DLC to work for EmuNAND games)

EDIT: Now I also get a black screen when trying to load BootMii - which worked perfectly before install UNEEK using the SNEEK Installer and I don't even see a place to open UNEEK with the Homebrew Browser.
can you tell me where the neek2o folder needs to go and what name it has to be?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used modmii and neek2o didnt work on wii and i cant find neek or vwii neek2o to test on my wii u.

I don't remember the wii too well, but I have neek2o for the wii u, and it works perfectly. it's not that hard to set up really, but most people seem to struggle with it on either system. I've heard of black screens and crashing when exiting a game.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now you can zoom in and actually see your pee pee when you pee pee,.