Country
Iran
http://rapidshare.com/files/64303236/done1.rar.html

"undone 1" is done

thnx, keep up the good work!
i'll divide the story/gameplay in future release! (
smile.gif
) )
would u please upload to mihd.net for future? RS is killin me.

Seems like a waste of effort for a game that is obviously getting a good translation in the near future, especially for those not really learning Japanese, but who want to play FFTA sooner. There's plenty of English games to keep one busy, including Shishi Sensou. You're going to lose a lot of nuance in a quick and dirty translation.

That said, I'm progressing through the game and filing the words I don't know, mostly the fantasy/war related terms, mostly with JEDICT definitions. The file has the problem that words I do know aren't in it and words I know in speech but don't know the kanji for are only listed by their kanji and reading. Once I get a reasonable amount into the game I'll post the file, if anyone's interested. I'm not going to do any extra work beyond my own studying and progress, but I'd be happy to throw the file up.

thats ur opinion and I respect it, but there are lots of people willing to play it (1,700+ hits in less than 24 hours) and if you ever wanted to play a Japanese game and you couldnt, you know how they feel and this work may help them just to satisfy their hunger a little and make them more patient for SE release.

i was after a tutorial or so for Daigasso! and when i found a little text file, i was so amazed and happy that i could atleast play a bit (i know that game will never be release in U but thats not the point)

beside that, there is no release date yet for ite U or E release, we know its alteast one year of waiting.

QUOTE(serious_sean @ Oct 22 2007, 12:08 PM)This translation project is pretty cool, but there is another group doing a translation that is going to really kick ass.

they're called square.

funny, u got me at first, i really thought there are some other ppl beside us!

do u REALLY think Square's translation will beat us? omran!

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
thats ur opinion and I respect it, but there are lots of people willing to play it (1,700+ hits in less than 24 hours) and if you ever wanted to play a Japanese game and you couldnt, you know how they feel and this work may help them just to satisfy their hunger a little and make them more patient for SE release.

i was after a tutorial or so for Daigasso! and when i found a little text file, i was so amazed and happy that i could atleast play a bit (i know that game will never be release in U but thats not the point)

beside that, there is no release date yet for ite U or E release, we know its alteast one year of waiting.

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?
wink.gif
Ah well, good luck I suppose. I'm interested in what book you're at level 14 at. I've been studying formally for a little while now and I'd like to read a book that was as helpful as all of that to understand this game this well.

Anyway, this isn't a case of a Japanese game I know I can't play, it's just one that will come out later.

QUOTEdo u REALLY think Square's translation will beat us? omran!

I know the person you were replying to was being snarky and I'm not trying to be: but if it's in terms of pure speed, probably not (though I think you have no idea if it will be a year or more), but in actual correctness and competence, I would be surprised if SEoA's translation isn't beautifully nuanced as Final Fantasy 12 or (what I'm told about) Lion Wars.

I actually ended up waiting for the English version of the original FFTA and it was rather nice as my then girlfriend and I played through our native versions - she got to the end on her Japanese copy before I did, but I beat the boss before she did.

D

Deleted User

I've made some progress :
ffa2_01.png

I have reversed the main archive file format (damn you square, it was really a strange format). Now I've found the obvious graphics like you can see, but I'm yet to find script or text references. So stay tuned
wink.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I've made some progress :
I have reversed the main archive file format (damn you square, it was really a strange format). Now I've found the obvious graphics like you can see, but I'm yet to find script or text references. So stay tuned
wink.gif

hooray!
thnx for ur efforts man!
I know how good it is for a programmer to work with his own tools.
wink.gif

@masterful:
thnx man.
smile.gif

i seperated Gameplay and Story files, but its so hard for me to upload, i lost one hour today to uload 2mg, and it didnt. shit this dial DOWN.

uploaded Gameplay (v1.1) http://mihd.net/9seigl

does anyone know how to reduce image size? since we dont care about cosmetics and i'm on dial up, it would be nice if anyone helps with a solution about image size. i made worst possible JPG files, but they are still huge to upload when i pack them.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@deufeufeu
awesome! hope you find some scripts too
smile.gif

@masterful
nice, Ill have a look at it right away
smile.gif
Maybe I can take some of what you did, and incorporate the style directly into my translation work.

@Twiffles
Setagaya huh? I live in Noborito, which should be right next to setagaya if my geography doesnt fail me. Right on the other side of Tamagawa (tama river, or tamagawa river in eng. I've seen both)

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
wink.gif

That is awesome. It'll be great if you manage to find the scripts and translate at least the menu options make playing this easier.
If you happen to not have the time to punch in all the text, I can help you out >_>

D

Deleted User

I need your help, please translate in the same order these jobs name :
jobs1.png

I'm going to make a quick graphic edit patch

NoSoulX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From top the first three from left to right would be so-ru-zu-yaa. u-o-ri-aa and pa-ra-de-i-so. Next one is Kanji in which I suck atm. Could someone make sure I wrote these three right.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Great work guys, nice steady progress. I'll make a page on the wiki once we have more screens completed. There was a tingle help page on the wiki that members made listing all the bartering prices which was very helpful. I think the same sort of thing for this game would be great and much appreciated!
If anyone else wants to get it started using the screens in some sort of order with headers feel free. I'm about for the next 12 hours so will help out in anyway I can.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, It's my dream to have many game's help on the Wiki (ok, maybe not like a dream)
tongue.gif

I started the Tingle one, I hope FFTA2 will be next
smile.gif

Deufeufeu, You made a nice parsing/decoder software
smile.gif

how hard it is to find the data format ?

@NoSoulX
so-ru-zu-yaa. u-o-ri-aa and pa-ra-de-i-so

2nd could be warrior (even if it's spelled woria-)
3dr one is Paladin

but I'll let japan people translate the hole thing.

D

Deleted User

I'm sorry to have not much to show you... It seems my "h4x0rz" skills are a bit rusted.
I've succeeded in changing the job associated to the abilities inside a weapon :
jobnames.jpg

mugenk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Clip_3.jpg

here what i could do for your work.

i compare you capture with the job on the official website. I can only get the old job from first FFTA. there's some i couldn't find on the official website... weird.

there are 60 jobs in total on the official website, there are 3 missing in your list.

that's all i can do since i don't know japanese >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)