• Replies 625
Status
Not open for further replies.

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using v1.11 on your R4 becaue I have had no problems with shops and that what version I using

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I have not tried your save but we are using the same hardware so I find strange that I cannot find this bug and don't have time to test it so I take your word on it. Lets hope the next patch will fix it.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok i just tried some more and im almost convinced it could be related to some memory clash due to longer item names or descriptions.

Case 1: Go in shop, enter and exit the "buy" menu a lot of times, all works fine

Case 2: scroll a bit throught the list (1st one, piercing weapons), exit the menu and all is fine.

Case 3: scroll the entire list until the cursor flips back to the top, try to exit menu and game crashes.Did this like 5 times in a row, all with same results.

Maybe you need a really long list of itens for the shit to happen?

If next patch does not fix it, what do you think about abbreviating all the equipment names to 10 characters?
I could do that if its the case (i already did for the normal itens, btw)

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New info: In my save it will only behave like that in the piercing and blunt weapons list. The others are aways fine.

Im now testing the itens in list from up to down to see if i find a specific item that aways makes a crash

EDIT:

Gotcha! Hightlighting Thor Rod makes the game crash the next time it tries to refresh shop list (when you exit shop, or when you buy a yellow squared "1 buy only" item). Fliped the cursor and did the scanning from down to up and it only crashed after i reached Thor Rod again, so its the only one causing shit at this list.

Investigating piercing list now...

Kawamura

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kingdomofloathing.com
XP
Country
Hmm, in my case, it was for shields. A 1-only Platinum Shield.
sleep.gif

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GOTCHA!
I think i found the bug.

Kawamura, could you tell me if the Paladin Shield got a really long description about its elemental properties (goes out of the screen a lot)?

In my blunt list, theres the Thor Rod bugged only.

In piercing list, theres Vajra as the most bottom one, and Excalibur as the top-most one (I have no way to check for sure if there are any other bugged item between these 2, as game will aways crash after i got past them anyway). Oddly enough, the Save The Queen (comes right before Excalibur) will make the crash only sometimes.

Whenever you got your cursor over one of these itens, game gets cursed. It will crash on one on these next cases:
- You try to exit shop
- You buy one of the itens that got 1 quantity only
- You call item details in one of these baddies (R or L). Dont happens if details window is already opened, but if you call it when a baddie is highlighted, bang!
- Maybe there are more, not sure... Anything that makes the game try to refresh the list will make a freeze.

The only thing i can see in common on all these items is that they have very long elemental descriptions that goes off the screen a lot. The problem cannot be item name lenght as these ones got short names, its the elemental properties for sure. The other itens with shorter elemental descriptions that dont pass the screen edge wont cause shit.
Maybe you guys should try to abbreviate as much as possible these stuff, ie:

Nullifies = Nul
Absorbs = Abs
Resists = Res

And such...
And make 4 letters only for the elements, like: Fire, Ice, Elec, Holy, Dark, and so on

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am changing them as we speak lets see if that fixeds it.

All done except the following

What should I change earth and water to?

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Soil / H2O
Erth / Watr

All i can think for now...
tongue.gif

Anyway i think the worse part is the longer words like "Nullifies", "Absorbs" and such. Maybe calling them just Water and Earth, 1 extra character, wont make that much of a difference?

Let me know if this really fix the problem, plz! im curious about it =)

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
nothing happens after I try to expand my ROM. I mean that I see the black screen a bunch of numbers start to cycle and when it gets done nothing happens I do not get another ROM with an (e) at the end. WTF? :'(

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How much ram how you got if it is below 256mb then there may be a problem if so try it on computer with more ram and try again.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Terra is just as long as Earth, so its kind of pointless. Gaia isnt a bad ideia though, but if im not wrong, it got a more energy/spirit meaning. While Earth and Soil refers to the physical existence of the planet, Gaia refers to its spirit/energy/will.

What did you use after all, 01torres?

Btw, if/when you get a patch for it, you could as well publish it, since the status/new-job battle bug is fixed and thats a big thumbs up already
smile.gif

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would go with Gaia but it is a world from FFIX so I don't think it right either.
I went with Watr and Erth for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)