• Replies 625
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allvah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deufeufeu's site seems to be FUBAR'd. I don't suppose anyone has this mirrored somewhere? The patch, I mean.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest patch is on the last post of page 32 but it won't work i think the patch loads data from DFF's website or something because i tried to use it but it wouldn't work(this is the only reason i could think of it not working)

Allvah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That post links to the same site. It's down.
frown.gif
Thanks for trying, though.

And I'm pretty sure that was a link to the editor software, anyway. Not the patch itself.

jimyyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I relllllly need help can someone tell me how to do this I have everything and both the binary and the other one but can somone tell me instruction how to work the trans project pleseeeeeeees!!
cry.gif

jimyyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also the patch is not as good as the other one where you can edit stuff becuase that one has more stuff and you can and stuff that defeufeu did not add but it is hard to do and I suggest you use the binary becuse the source one sucks becuase you have to work alot of python crap

MrCoffee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just registered on these forums to drop a quick thanks to all those involved with this patch. Has made this wonderful game much, much more playable. Keep up the good work!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GDragon said:
Is this project still going?
Well, with an official release date, which is just around the corner, I would have to say no. Its a shame though because I enjoy fan translations. In the past I was able to play a fan translated version of a game that was later officially released and I enjoyed the fan translations more. In official translations, they tend to change quite a bit of things that refrence to current Japanese pop culture that they think Americans and such wouldn't get as well as edit out bad language and such. Theres quite a few Japanese games that contain quite a bit of curse words, bad language, sexual terms, et that were removed in the official translation.

R411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh im surprised that people translate and hack roms I joined this site a couple days ago wish I was smart to know how to do it tho. I hope there are other cool translation projects soon
smile.gif
smile.gif

xDahlia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Cyborg99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with this translation, and I'd like to see if FFTA2 is any good before I buy it(I've had bad luck in buying games that look good, but are pretty bad lately).
The untouched Japanese version works fine, I just can't understand it.
Whenever I try to follow the instructions follow on the Wiki, I get these errors whenever I run my emulator with the translated ROM:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/818/error1eq7.jpg
followed by http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8166/error2cs9.jpg
These are the settings I'm using on my emulator http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8610/settingsuz6.jpg.
I should note that these settings work with the untouched version just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1