Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been tryiing for nearly from the day of the release of FFTA2 till now to train my theif, but that bar hasn't moved 1 bit.
So far i have the following skills
-Steal Gil
-Steal Item
-Loot LV1
Luso is equiped with
Scramasax
Platinum Shield
Green Beret
Survival Vest

any help?

PS: Also include in ur answers which catagory and the grade needed in bazzar gets me more daggers
I already know Shortswords all grades are daggers

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game intentionally bars you from getting the Ninja class until way later. If you're managed to wipe the board in an auction, you can come back every year and hope for a Swordbreaker or Rondel. Both will come around much later in the Bazaar unfortunately.

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got Swordbreaker relatively early, so Adelle was able to promote to Ninja pretty soon. Dunno how I got it, though.
I'm on the 2nd continent now, but I still haven't gotten the weapon that teaches Steal Loot Lv 2.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so...can anyone properly answer my question? Whats the best way to train my theif (JOB wise)
and if u say it'll grow by time, i'm at the story mission were u help the bard >_>

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really, your question is loaded. What do you mean properly train your thief? If you asking about abilities then you just wait until you get the materials to make the appropriate weapons get to additional abilities. If you're talking about stats-wise then you probably want to move on to something that gives more power i.e. paladin/fighter/moogle knight.

You also answered you own question...it's Shortsword. The next one you probably get is the rondell, swordbreaker, cinquedea, and jambiya. If you're looking for a list of complete weapons, one was already posted in either this thread or another one that links to a complete list of weapons for the bazaar.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What mean of training do you refer to? Characters level up as they participate in battle. But AP will be awarded to all characters except dispatched one. If you want to learn new skills equip other weapons and armor. If you can't learn any skill at all (even the bar won't fill one bit) I'd say something has happened to your ROM

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Job Level
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/937330/53265
accord to this chart, i need to have my Theif Job level at 4 to advance to the ninja class
THeifPicture.jpg

(Circled Red Part is the Job level bar...correct?)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no such thing as job level. You just need to learn 4 Thief A-Abilities to advance to Ninja, provided you unlocked the job first.
It's very hard to get the loot needed for the next knife, so don't bother trying after every few missions.

Edit: But yes that bar shows what percentage of the job's abilities you mastered. Not really useful in any case though.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Also to reiterate, you need 4 ACTION abilities, support ones and reaction ones do not count towards that total, so the chainmail wont help you get Ninja any faster.

Come to think of it, I still don't have a sword breaker, but I do have a Jimbaya or whatever that gives level 4 loot steal, wonderful skill. I think the Lightblades category gives you that one as it's A-Rank.

Aznsolidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jus fyi for all people if ur stuck with a job class and cant find any more weapons with skills to learn jus keep moving on with the story. Ninjas are awful except for dual wield and that katana takes a while to get so really dont stress u should work on getting a parivar ready from 3 fighter A-abilities and working on a paladin as they are pretty good. Once you have the dual wield katana go for ninja jus for that hto the ninjutsu are crap

begedinnikola

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
In my opinion, you should train a moogle thief, and use him only when u think u will be stealing in a battle. That way, you can also train him as a Juggler, so he can use all the cool status effect abilities.
As for Luso, i made him a standard Paladin/Parivir, and only taught hem the four thief abilities to make him a Ninja so he can learn dual wield. Ninja actually isn't a really good job and is mostly useful for the dual wield ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.