FFTA2 -Freeze/bug issue

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by randomjo, Aug 20, 2008.

1. randomjo
    OP

randomjo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2008
    United States
    Hey, I wanted to ask if anyone else has the same problem and if theres anything that could be done.
    In the storyline mission "Mountain Watch" at the Rupie Mountains, After I finish the quest, and when the cinematics should show up, my DS just blacks out and becomes unresponsive. The save file is fine whenever I restart, and does not seem to be corrupted.

I am using a DS Firecard, the NDS loader is set on EEPROM 64/512Kbit. I also believe its th version of FFTA2.
    I haven't patched the game with any cheats or done anythign to it, its a clean game.
    Any suggestions to what I can do to fix this?

2. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    You had the same problem I had! Except, it would survive past the cinematics, but once I tried to access the menu or fight a battle (anything to black the screen) it'd freeze. M3 Perfect SD slot-2 here.

Unfortunately I have no fix for you, as I got fed up with no assistance and ended up buying the game. I know, not the answer you were looking for, but at least it's a worthy 7th game to own for me. =P

I tried it on the trimmed and untrimmed E and U versions of the ROM, to no avail. I had some marginal success with dispatching the missions where it rained/snowed, but your problem is with a story mission which you can't dispatch or otherwise ignore. I was at around 32 hours when I couldn't really keep playing, and now I'm around 91 hours.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. It sucks that piracy isn't as hitch-free as we'd hope, but then again, "you get what you pay for" rings so strongly in this case. =\

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice