Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up for people who care, the newest batches of ds's have no change and are still compatible with flashme v7 perfectly. Flashed my FF3 Crystal Edition DS Lite earlier tonight and works beautifully so far with SC Lite.....seems like they firmed up the buttons too, this new ds has a much more solid feel compared to my enamel navy. FYI Guys, flash on.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wow
ohmy.gif
pics please!

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, no real point to post pictures, there are pictures of the ff3 crystal edition ds everywhere. I was thinking that by some weird chance if the ds had some kind of special limited edition firmware that has some ff themed menu....I probably wouldn't of flashed it with my passkey2 and get myself a passcard 3 instead but alas....same ol drill so I flashed it to run with the super card lite. Couldn't be happier, now the navy blue and the crystal white gets shared time.

P.S. I couldn't be happier with play-asia's fast service of getting it in my hands in a day and a half (along with other accessories)....that's quite a feat for regular service from Hong Kong to California.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I already flashed my gf's noble pink as well....girls need stuff that just works without inserting or fiddling with anything. Congrats on the system!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dude you had to pay like 400 bucks for one of those!

I'm not sure they needed to be reminded of that.

Some people collect stamps. some people, like Orc, collect DS Lites... XD

lol, I think both of us didn't pay anywhere near $400...
I preordered mine and got it for $280. Good thing the shop I got it from didn't jack up the prices for people who preordered. It's worth it since I really love both FF and anything Nintendo DS.

I wish I really did collect DS lites though lol. Unless there's a limited release again worth saving for, I guess these will be the only DS lites I will have. [I love Winning Eleven too damnit... but it's coming much too soon. That and the DS version doesn't look like it's worth it.]
(The pink was gonna be a gift but she wanted a black one instead so we're waiting for the JPN release... again.)

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe sorry... I was just kinda excited before since I was also waiting for my FF3 DS lite to come. Now that I have it I still can't stop smiling.
biggrin.gif
I won't be flashing it anytime soon as I haven't flashed my Noble Pink either. That and I'm currently playing FF3 on it hehe.

(I did post crappy pics of mine though. Hehehe.)
Cool! By the way, there should be a "Reflections" disc in it as well as a sealed serial number card and a book sort of thing. Could you take some closeups of that please? I'm also curious about what they contain
huh.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Actually whoever took those pics must have just added them beside it. The Yunalesca card comes from the FF Art trading cards and the Judge card (it's for iTunes to d/l FF music) came with FFXII while the FF7 Reflections CD comes with Dirge of Cerberus. I could go look for my FF Art cards lol and I don't know where I put the Judge card.
That guy should have some explaining to do for the confusion lol...

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, back to the subject, that would have been cool if it had custom firmware with FF sounds/images.

That gives me an idea for a PSP firmware to modify (its actually quite easy now, ds should follow). =D

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually whoever took those pics must have just added them beside it. The Yunalesca card comes from the FF Art trading cards and the Judge card (it's for iTunes to d/l FF music) came with FFXII while the FF7 Reflections CD comes with Dirge of Cerberus. I could go look for my FF Art cards lol and I don't know where I put the Judge card.
That guy should have some explaining to do for the confusion lol...
Ack... I was wondering why all the JP sites were only saying "Contents: Crystal White DS Lite & FFIII Game." I hope no one's bought the package because I said that
ph34r.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
lol x_comp. Seriously, I saw the pic spread alot of sites but I didn't bother to register just to comment that the set doesn't have those things.
ohmy.gif

The set contains just the game, and a blank box identical to the JPN DS lite boxes containing just what you'd expect in a DS lite box (A DS lite, AC adaptor, 2 stylii, GBA slot cover, hand strap, instructions + pictochat manual.)

So yeah, back to the subject, that would have been cool if it had custom firmware with FF sounds/images.

That gives me an idea for a PSP firmware to modify (its actually quite easy now, ds should follow). =D

Yeah, I wish it had a custom firmware like those PSPs that had a special screen (the one for the relief donations I think? or something like that).

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I should be getting mine tomorrow or the day after. Can't wait for it. the only upgrades I have gotten were special edition ones. my Secret of Mana GBA SP, Mother 3 GBA Micro, and now my FFIII DSL

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I paid a tad more for it, I think about $360 for a ff3 ds lite, hori cleaning cloth, hori screen protector, and hori case.....pretty standard for all the ds lites I've bought....I wouldn't say I collect them....have 4 total and 2 is for my gf (crystal white and noble pink) and 2 for me (ff3 ds lite + enamel navy).....just circumstances and it honestly puts my psps to shame (got 3 of those 2, 2 1.5's and a 2.6 ta-082)...I've kind of deviated from console gaming to portable gaming now since portable gaming has gone a long way since GBA (which I enjoyed immensely). Yes I really think they could of made the limited ff3 nicer by adding some custom fonts/backgrounds in the firmware on the main menu/splash screens and to Orc: I was slightly disappointed by the white DS box.....that lowered my high a bit as I was opening the package. But if you're a square fan and love ff, this ds lite is for you....I can guarantee it.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...