Homebrew Few questions about latest hacking methods

rsc-pl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used Gateway all the time, but it's finally the time to move on (my GW card is probably dying because sometimes I need to re-insert it a few times). I'm planning to use this guide.
I have a few questions:

1. Can I use my existing emunand from GW (I have some stuff from eshop like themes and apps)?
2. Is this the easiest for transferring saves from GW to cia? And can I import it without any problems to cias later?
3. Is there a faster way for installing cias?
4. Is there any problem with uninstalling (like emunand crash or something)?
5. Can I just copy existing content from sd (apps and some games installed) for using with "new" hack?
6. Is it possible to use gateway with al9h (in case when something would go wrong with saves)?
7. What about DS support? Is there any way to install it normally or I need to use flashcart?
8. Is running GBA games (with full speed) possible on O3DS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Yes, all you need is to transfer the emuNAND to sysNAND after you installed A9LH
2. Dunno, maybe JKSM
3. Nope, but is worth the time spend installing
4. Uninstalling what exactly?
5. Most stuff will be transfered to your SysNAND after you transfer the emuNAND to sysNAND
6. Yes, you can, but you have to let your emuNAND in the version 11.2 or lower cause Gateway don't support 11.3 firmwares right now
7. You need a flash card to a 100% compatibility, but we have open source projects that let you run DS ROMs from the 3DS SD card, but it's not completed yet
8. If you use .cia emulator or the GBA "VC" injection, probably yes

Next time you could ask that in the Noob Paradise thread, there is a lot of people willing to answer you there. Most noob threads are not answered

Reactions: rsc-pl

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Adding to above answer:

1-more exactly, follow the optional "Move emuNAND" section near the end of the guide.
2-use this. If you have questions ask them on that thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-save-export-helper.465503/
3-use freeShop
6-DO NOT use Gateway after finishing the guide, unless you don't follow the "Move emuNAND" section. Otherwise your a9lh installation will be wiped out and you'll be left stranded in 11.3 with no CFW. As above, it won't work on an 11.3 emuNAND, so don't update it if you want to use Gateway.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew apps and anything else non-system related.

And last question. Can I sell my Gateway and Sky3DS without any regret, or maybe it will be somehow helpful in future?
If we're talking 3dsx format homebrew, you can get rid of it, but i dont see why you would want to. Really the same goes for cia homebrew too. If you transfer your emunand correctly you shouldnt lose anything. Also, sell the sky3ds, but gateway could prove to be useful. As of now, theres no way to use a .sav format save with just regular cfw, so just save the gateway for that just in case, though if you need the money selling it wouldnt really matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries