United States

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
0.17.0 is released! https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.17.0

Note that there are two zip files. Grab the "withAddons" one if you use custom DLC. It should contain some XML files that add KunoichiZ's changes.

I kinda just woke up recently and decided I felt like working on FEFTwiddler again, so here's a release.

* Add: FEFTwiddler now supports XML "addon data" for classes and characters. This means you can add support for your custom DLC without anyone else having to lift a finger! I might document this in the future, but for now, grab the "withAddons" zip if you want to see it in action.
* Note: I haven't decided yet how I want to manage addons, if at all. Maybe I'll leave that to you guys.
* Add: You can now view a list of buildings in your castle, along with their positions and what direction they're facing. This is to lay some groundwork for something I want to work on in the future. The foundation's still a little shaky, so let me know if the building list is wrong for you (and please upload your save if you do)!

Cool stuff:)
...? why "Supports..." cannot be selectioned ?
I dunno if add support = modify support dialogue or something, i love it to have this possibility^^ (i'm a noob about hack and all)

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Supports can only be selected on characters with support data defined.

That said, yeah, it seems grayed out for everyone. Thanks for finding that! I'll have an update out soon.

EDIT: New version here with the fix: https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.17.1

Thanks^^
in same time,it's a save editor and not a hack/support dialog editor
i dumped my jap game but i'm just awful about 3ds game hack and even worse when it's on jap game^^;

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, to clarify what it does: It won't let you change the content of conversations. It is just for changing support ranks.

If you want to unlock all support conversations in the log, you can do so by opening your "Global" save file and going to the "Global Data" tab.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.17.2 is released! https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.17.2

GET THIS IF YOU ARE ON 0.17.0 OR 0.17.1.

This release contains a fix for what is probably a critical bug introduced in 0.17.0, so definitely get it if you've been using 0.17.x! Thanks to INSYG for reporting the bug!

• Fix: Don't cut off the rest of the save after building data
  • Fix: Don't drop the extra 00s from Lilith's Temple

Reactions: Dylos and KunoichiZ

Anomalocaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I quickly made an account here because I have two questions about this program.

First is less about the program itself and more about prepping the save file itself for modification. I want to modify my FE Fates save, but my 3DS is not modded so I cannot extract my save file from my own system. However, a friend of mine owns a N3DS with Homebrew and everything, and tomorrow he's going to let me use it to extract my save.

However, I know that Fates saves some data to the SD Card or system, and some to the cartridge, and I was wondering if this will cause any problems if I use his 3DS to extract (and later re-insert) my save file instead of my own 3DS, since I have DLC and stuff. Should just the game cartridge itself be fine, or do I also need to put my SD card into his system to avoid any issues? I was planning on giving myself some DLC-related items so I wasn't sure if using a different 3DS would cause an issue there.

Just to be specific:
My 3DS is a standard, unmodded model.
His is a modded N3DS
My Fates cartridge is the Special Edition. I have all the current DLC and it is on my SD card.
The main save itself is in save slot 3, not in one of the extra slots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second is about the program itself. What I mainly want to do is add Yukimura and Izana as full units to my Revelations file, "resurrect" Scarlet, and also give myself Rhajat since Hayato wound up being a bachelor-for-life. You know, have every normal unit in one save file, without using the logbook or Einherjar. Is there anything to watch out for in this regard? Especially since Rhajat will technically have no mother? I also want to give some folks the Aptitude skill, unlock all the support convos, but that seems pretty easy. I also want to give myself 99 of the Dread Scroll, Ebon Wing, ect. since they're such pains to grind for, but they are DLC items, which ties into my above point about using a different system.

Thank you for your time and patience. I'm generally not familiar with modding my game systems so I feel like a fish out of water.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I quickly made an account here because I have two questions about this program.

First is less about the program itself and more about prepping the save file itself for modification. I want to modify my FE Fates save, but my 3DS is not modded so I cannot extract my save file from my own system. However, a friend of mine owns a N3DS with Homebrew and everything, and tomorrow he's going to let me use it to extract my save.

However, I know that Fates saves some data to the SD Card or system, and some to the cartridge, and I was wondering if this will cause any problems if I use his 3DS to extract (and later re-insert) my save file instead of my own 3DS, since I have DLC and stuff. Should just the game cartridge itself be fine, or do I also need to put my SD card into his system to avoid any issues? I was planning on giving myself some DLC-related items so I wasn't sure if using a different 3DS would cause an issue there.

Just to be specific:
My 3DS is a standard, unmodded model.
His is a modded N3DS
My Fates cartridge is the Special Edition. I have all the current DLC and it is on my SD card.
The main save itself is in save slot 3, not in one of the extra slots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second is about the program itself. What I mainly want to do is add Yukimura and Izana as full units to my Revelations file, "resurrect" Scarlet, and also give myself Rhajat since Hayato wound up being a bachelor-for-life. You know, have every normal unit in one save file, without using the logbook or Einherjar. Is there anything to watch out for in this regard? Especially since Rhajat will technically have no mother? I also want to give some folks the Aptitude skill, unlock all the support convos, but that seems pretty easy. I also want to give myself 99 of the Dread Scroll, Ebon Wing, ect. since they're such pains to grind for, but they are DLC items, which ties into my above point about using a different system.

Thank you for your time and patience. I'm generally not familiar with modding my game systems so I feel like a fish out of water.
Putting your SD card in his system will not allow his system to read your data, that's just not how that works. What you could do is put whatever save you want to edit on the first page of save slots on your cartridge (if you haven'y already), have him extract the save and let you make the changes. After you make and save your changes, put your cart back into his system and import the save you just edited.

1) Yukimura and Izana and available as .fe14unit files, which can be found in this thread if you use the search feature. I even posted them.
2) You can try to ressurrect Scarlet, but I'm not sure if it'll work properly. That option had given people a lot of gtief and I'm not sure if it ever got fixed.
3) For Rhajat, you're better off getting her from a My Castle, as importing a child character with no mother might cause issues.
4) You can max out their supports and give Aptitude to everyone. You can give yourself 99 Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wings, as long as you start your game after importing your save in YOUR CONSOLE, otherwise the game will delete any DLC items that it doesn't find on your friend's system.

Anomalocaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting your SD card in his system will not allow his system to read your data, that's just not how that works. What you could do is put whatever save you want to edit on the first page of save slots on your cartridge (if you haven'y already), have him extract the save and let you make the changes. After you make and save your changes, put your cart back into his system and import the save you just edited.

1) Yukimura and Izana and available as .fe14unit files, which can be found in this thread if you use the search feature. I even posted them.
2) You can try to ressurrect Scarlet, but I'm not sure if it'll work properly. That option had given people a lot of gtief and I'm not sure if it ever got fixed.
3) For Rhajat, you're better off getting her from a My Castle, as importing a child character with no mother might cause issues.
4) You can max out their supports and give Aptitude to everyone. You can give yourself 99 Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wings, as long as you start your game after importing your save in YOUR CONSOLE, otherwise the game will delete any DLC items that it doesn't find on your friend's system.

Thanks so much! Yeah, my save is already on the first page of save slots, so that should be fine. Good to know I don't need to fiddle with the SD card at all.

For Rhajat, I have a Felicia-sired Rhajat on another file I registered to the logbook. If I buy her as a logbook unit, could I then just remove the white background and shield icon from her to have a for-all-intents-and-purposes legitimate Rhajat, or will that cause problems? Would she be able to support other units, and would she show up in My Castle?

And that's good to know about deleting DLC items. That's what I was worried about.

Last edited by Anomalocaris,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much! Yeah, my save is already on the first page of save slots, so that should be fine. Good to know I don't need to fiddle with the SD card at all.

For Rhajat, I have a Felicia-sired Rhajat on another file I registered to the logbook. If I buy her as a logbook unit, could I then just remove the white background and shield icon from her to have a for-all-intents-and-purposes legitimate Rhajat, or will that cause problems? Would she be able to support other units?

And that's good to know about deleting DLC items. That's what I was worried about.
You could try that with Rhajat and restore a backup from before you made the changes to Rhajat if it doesn't work out. I haven't personally changed any logbook characters (removing white background and shield) so I don't know if it'll mess with supports at all.

Anomalocaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try that with Rhajat and restore a backup from before you made the changes to Rhajat if it doesn't work out. I haven't personally changed any logbook characters (removing white background and shield) so I don't know if it'll mess with supports at all.

I'll try that! It's kind of a twofold issue for me. Besides the fact that it bugs me how logbook characters have the shield and white background and don't talk, you can only have a max of 20 logbook units in your army at one time. Yukimura, Scarlet, Izana, the four amiibos, and the capturable bosses total up to exactly 20, so if you missed out on a child unit you can't have them AND the other 20 at the same time using the logbook. I just wanna have everyone, is that too much to ask, game?

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that! It's kind of a twofold issue for me. Besides the fact that it bugs me how logbook characters have the shield and white background and don't talk, you can only have a max of 20 logbook units in your army at one time. Yukimura, Scarlet, Izana, the four amiibos, and the capturable bosses total up to exactly 20, so if you missed out on a child unit you can't have them AND the other 20 at the same time using the logbook. I just wanna have everyone, is that too much to ask, game?

Honestly removing the shield doesn't have any huge side effects. The one issue I had was evil Takumi trying to gain supports and messing with my regular Takumi, but he ended up fine as well.

Also you can just export Scarlet under "dead units" as a unit file, then import her as a new unit. The only side effect is you will have two Scarlets when the credits roll, but that shouldnt be an issue.

Anomalocaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly removing the shield doesn't have any huge side effects. The one issue I had was evil Takumi trying to gain supports and messing with my regular Takumi, but he ended up fine as well.

Also you can just export Scarlet under "dead units" as a unit file, then import her as a new unit. The only side effect is you will have two Scarlets when the credits roll, but that shouldnt be an issue.

My plans got delayed to two weeks from now so I guess I have more time to deliberate.

Evil Takumi messing with regular Takumi? What do you mean?

I'm not too worried about messing up the credits since I've already beaten the game anyway.

Anyway, if you remove a character's shield icon, do they regain access to their supports, level-up quotes, My Castle shenanigans, "skinship", ect? If so, I might just buy a logbook Yukimura and Izana and remove their shields rather than try to directly inject them.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My plans got delayed to two weeks from now so I guess I have more time to deliberate.

Evil Takumi messing with regular Takumi? What do you mean?

I'm not too worried about messing up the credits since I've already beaten the game anyway.

Anyway, if you remove a character's shield icon, do they regain access to their supports, level-up quotes, My Castle shenanigans, "skinship", ect? If so, I might just buy a logbook Yukimura and Izana and remove their shields rather than try to directly inject them.

Oh, I had a Vallite Takumi through save editing, and the game didn't play nicely with letting him support.

Yumikura and Izana won't get their supports if you add them to revelation, but you can them in through save editing

Anomalocaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I had a Vallite Takumi through save editing, and the game didn't play nicely with letting him support.

Yumikura and Izana won't get their supports if you add them to revelation, but you can them in through save editing

Ah, okay. Lack of Supports is fine. Will they at least show up in My Castle features? I remember visiting a hacked castle once where Yukimura gave me some peaches even though it was a Conquest save file.

Igan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I reached Paralogue 11, where Hisame (Hinata's son) join.

The guy managed to get killed as the terrain arround him was unpassable to my troops. I ended the battle, but Hisama wasn't here.
Basically this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/47mylf/psa_casual_mode_paralogues/

Can someone dump his Hisame so I can add it with this tool? Or at least gave me his hex data to create him from a dummy einherjar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...