ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just by already worshiping them. xD I was able to get my favorite Awakening trio from the Before Awakening DLC from DeathChaos and the playable bosses from Omegablu. I mean, the fact that they both could figure out how to do this stuff and make these characters is enough for me to "worship" them, so to speak.
IIRC Omega used my DLC as a base and just edited the files from there to make his.

The dlc essentially adds files to the Person folder, albeit in extradata and not the ROM. If you rebuild the ROM with the same files as the dlc added, the same effect is produced.

Not quite.

Any files within the GameData folder of the global section of DLC is treated as something that would be found within GameData.bin itself, which is why these characters are playable in the first place, because the game is basically adding them to GameData.bin but from within the extdata, the same applies to other stuff such as classes (Chrom's Lord class, Lissa's Cleric) or items (like Pebble, or certain class seals).

GameData.bin is a file that is always loaded, which is why playables work well, however, if you were to add a file to GameData/Person in the ROM, the file has to manually be loaded on the map itself through the script (cmb files), once the map is over, and the Person file is unloaded as it is no longer needed, the Character block does not exist anymore, thus the character will be removed from your party and not usable anymore.

Reactions: thane98

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, time for more random, just an update to the Takumi thing I did a while back, hopefully his HP stays at 75, Scarlet's unchanged, added Gunter for fun, as well as doing an 'Heirs of Fate'-esque Siegbert and Shiro (Their stats are taken from their first playable appearances), and Takumeragi (Raijinto-wielding Swordmaster Takumi) as well as Sakurikoto (Fuujin Yumi-wielding Priestess Sakura), these two were kind of done on a whim, but if anyone likes collecting characters or something as I do, they may be a fun treat, I suppose.

...i'll probably do HoF-like Forrest and Kiragi later.

Attachments

• BlameTakumi.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 578
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC Omega used my DLC as a base and just edited the files from there to make his.

Not quite.

Any files within the GameData folder of the global section of DLC is treated as something that would be found within GameData.bin itself, which is why these characters are playable in the first place, because the game is basically adding them to GameData.bin but from within the extdata, the same applies to other stuff such as classes (Chrom's Lord class, Lissa's Cleric) or items (like Pebble, or certain class seals).

GameData.bin is a file that is always loaded, which is why playables work well, however, if you were to add a file to GameData/Person in the ROM, the file has to manually be loaded on the map itself through the script (cmb files), once the map is over, and the Person file is unloaded as it is no longer needed, the Character block does not exist anymore, thus the character will be removed from your party and not usable anymore.
Okay. Thanks for that. That also explains why some of my forays into Awakening editing failed. Looks like the non-cfw way isn't going to happen. On a side note, would you happen to know how to edit Awakening's dlc? I've edited the arc files in contains properly but the game says that the dlc entry is corrupt and needs to fixed and fails to fix it. Also, I made the character blocks for my units from scratch and used the first one as a template for the rest.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay. Thanks for that. That also explains why some of my forays into Awakening editing failed. Looks like the non-cfw way isn't going to happen. On a side note, would you happen to know how to edit Awakening's dlc? I've edited the arc files in contains properly but the game says that the dlc entry is corrupt and needs to fixed and fails to fix it. Also, I made the character blocks for my units from scratch and used the first one as a template for the rest.
I don't mean the character blocks, I mean the DLC itself.

Haven't really tried Awakening DLC yet, but since it doesn't actually add any playables I don't think it's necessarily possible.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't really tried Awakening DLC yet, but since it doesn't actually add any playables I don't think it's necessarily possible.
Rats. And the spotpass units are just special avatars, so there wouldn't be a way to add in a character block akin to the methods used for our dlcs and the cipher dlcs.

Edit: I guess the only way to add characters would be to do a ton of boring and tedious static.bin.lz expansion.

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww that's to bad. At least i still get to have The Wolfskin and Nine - Tails! ^_^
-_- Why can't nintendo just make a game we want? Or make the 3ds customizable. Then we wouldn't
need CFW. (@_@)

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Rats. And the spotpass units are just special avatars, so there wouldn't be a way to add in a character block akin to the methods used for our dlcs and the cipher dlcs.

Edit: I guess the only way to add characters would be to do a ton of boring and tedious static.bin.lz expansion.
Yeah, @TildeHat managed to expand GameData to add Phila, and I managed to replace an unused block with Grima, but for some reason if you save and reset, Phila becomes a Generic Falcon Knight Avatar.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, @TildeHat managed to expand GameData to add Phila, and I managed to replace an unused block with Grima, but for some reason if you save and reset, Phila becomes a Generic Falcon Knight Avatar.
My gut says that avatar bug is due to the fact that all enemy units seem to share an id with MaMu. I'll try doing what you did later to see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning