ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that the romfs you use was extracted with Romfs Extractor. If you use anything else then the Japanese filenames will get mangled.
yep, I did that. oddly enough the extracted files went to a folder in my Local/Roaming folder instead of in the ID folder of FEF, which is weird. Is it supposed to do that?
also odd thing is that the file is in a folder that doesn't even exist in my roaming folder.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, I did that. oddly enough the extracted files went to a folder in my Local/Roaming folder instead of in the ID folder of FEF, which is weird. Is it supposed to do that?
also odd thing is that the file is in a folder that doesn't even exist in my roaming folder.
Never had that happen to me. Unless you were storing the romfs there.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All their assets are already in the base game. The DLC is used to get a usable character block for the game to read.

Route DLCs just add in files for the chapters(text, events etc.) and the movies.
Hey there, thats a very nice sig you got there.

(when's sigurd /s)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Dark1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't come with the latest firmware. Your best bet is to find a 3ds box, find the serial number of it, and Google search it. There are plenty of threads (especially on reddit) that show what firmware the system is on based on the serial number.
That's strange, a few hours ago I bought a 2ds that came bundled with MK7 from my Walmart and it came with its firmware at 6.0 which shocked me completely

iisilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump the game with braindump and extract with Asia81's tools. Extract the resulting Decryptedromfs.bin with Romfsextractor (not optionable, extracting with anything else messes with filenames), make your edits, then rebuild with Asia81's tools.
whoops sorry to bother you again, blu. But I'm not sure if I DL'd the correct 'Asia81's Tools'. It's from
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/ <this thread I presume?
since I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to get the decryptedromfs.bin file using it.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoops sorry to bother you again, blu. But I'm not sure if I DL'd the correct 'Asia81's Tools'. It's from
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/ <this thread I presume?
since I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to get the decryptedromfs.bin file using it.
That's the right pack. After using the appropriate extraction command, it should output the Exefs, Romfs, Exheader, O3DS update, and N3DS update as both Decrypted files and Extracted folders for each. The banner will only output as a folder. Ignore the ExtractedRomfs folder as all the japanese file names will be corrupted. Type in the pack hack menu 'rfse' (minus the quotes) and wait until a program opens up. Open the DecryptedRomFS.bin file in the program and let it extract.

iisilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the right pack. After using the appropriate extraction command, it should output the Exefs, Romfs, Exheader, O3DS update, and N3DS update as both Decrypted files and Extracted folders for each. The banner will only output as a folder. Ignore the ExtractedRomfs folder as all the japanese file names will be corrupted. Type in the pack hack menu 'rfse' (minus the quotes) and wait until a program opens up. Open the DecryptedRomFS.bin file in the program and let it extract.
ooh yes nice.
wait, so I extract the romfs.bin, exefs.bin using romfsextractor first, right? and it should make a romfs_ folder? or am i doing this wrong
or do i extract the romfs.bin using asia81's tools first?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooh yes nice.
wait, so I extract the romfs.bin, exefs.bin using romfsextractor first, right? and it should make a romfs_ folder? or am i doing this wrong
or do i extract the romfs.bin using asia81's tools first?
Somehow obtain a romfs file for the game. Exefs is useless unless you are planning to rebuild the game, and even then you still don't need to extract anything from it. Then use romfsextractor to extract the data from romfs.bin, which should make a romfs_ folder.

iisilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow obtain a romfs file for the game. Exefs is useless unless you are planning to rebuild the game, and even then you still don't need to extract anything from it. Then use romfsextractor to extract the data from romfs.bin, which should make a romfs_ folder.
oh good, so I'm going the right direction lol
makes a gamedata folder, just noticed! how do I get a gamedata.bin though?

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the first FW the 2DS was shipped with. I got my 3 2DS on 6.00 w/ MK7 from Walmart, so it's not hard to find a 2DS below 9.2
Wow,Cool. But i don't have time for that. I might wait a few months and see if my god: blu,has anything
that non CFW users can use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)