ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't come with the latest firmware. Your best bet is to find a 3ds box, find the serial number of it, and Google search it. There are plenty of threads (especially on reddit) that show what firmware the system is on based on the serial number.
*sigh* if only this was as easy as the awakening editor.
Well! Thanks anyway. So again,the only way to get arete is through CFW, correct?

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone could do a Felicia and Marth with Flora color like this? (I want a Marth like that because FAAIAAA EMBUUREM
tumblr_o9q9amNWG41v867ado1_1280.png
I

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Although, I've been thinking about a non-cfw way to do it. Don't count on it though.
WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT! T^T
(Also i don't get it,whats the difference between character ID and Enemy ID?)
Also if you DO do that and it works. I will literally worship you like a religion T^T

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALLY!!?? How can i join? XD
Just by already worshiping them. xD I was able to get my favorite Awakening trio from the Before Awakening DLC from DeathChaos and the playable bosses from Omegablu. I mean, the fact that they both could figure out how to do this stuff and make these characters is enough for me to "worship" them, so to speak.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Why wasn't I informed? But back to the topic, the method would likely use Hans and involve a bit of hex editing.
It was a secret religion, but now that secret's out.

I read Hans as the character Hans and immediately cringed. xD I wonder how characters like Mikoto, Sumergi, Arete, etc. would work without DLC though. Are their models and whatever else in the main game or just through the Revelation DLC?

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I read Hans as the character Hans and immediately cringed. xD I wonder how characters like Mikoto, Sumergi, Arete, etc. would work without DLC though. Are their models and whatever else in the main game or just through the Revelation DLC?

All their assets are already in the base game. The DLC is used to get a usable character block for the game to read.

Route DLCs just add in files for the chapters(text, events etc.) and the movies.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All of the characters in v1 of my dlc as well as Mikoto, Sumeragi, Arete, Garon, and Human Lillith have all their assets in every version of the game.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All their assets are already in the base game. The DLC is used to get a usable character block for the game to read.

Route DLCs just add in files for the chapters(text, events etc.) and the movies.

All of the characters in v1 of my dlc as well as Mikoto, Sumeragi, Arete, Garon, and Human Lillith have all their assets in every version of the game.

Cool, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a homebrew program for launching ROM hacks through the homebrew launcher. It allows people without CFW to access ROM hacks.
Oh,cool. Pretty convenient.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically it redirects the game to the sd card for data in the rom instead of reading off of the cart/digital copy.
OHHH let me see if i get it.
: So basically HANS makes it so that FEF does not read the data of the game cartridge but instead it reads it off of the SD Card?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh,cool. Pretty convenient.

OHHH let me see if i get it.
: So basically HANS makes it so that FEF does not read the data of the game cartridge but instead it reads it off of the SD Card?
It reads the data from both but the data on the SD card replaces that specific set of data on the cartridge.

Crimson Rot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reads the data from both but the data on the SD card replaces that specific set of data on the cartridge.

Color me: Confused.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Color me: Confused.
It reads from both the SD card and the cartridge. If a file on the SD card is the same as a file on the cartridge, the cartridge file gets overwritten by the SD card file.

Edit: Actually, as far I know HANS just reads the ROM itself from SD Card, but I'm not too familiar with how it works beyond its basic functionality.

Last edited by thane98,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get on my level