chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Before I continue:
1. I have already preordered my Vita, so please don't ask me to get it.
2. I understand Japanese
3. Please don't ask me to wait for a redesign, as my bro will kill me for that
4. Please don't ask me to get a crown3ds of such sort.

With all the crazy region locking and my favorite games coming to the Japanese 3DS (and chances are not being localized), I really feel like selling off my American one for it.

My local gameshop is willing to import one upon request at S$250, which is the same price as present day US 3DS. Games are more expensive though, ranging from S$50 - S$70 (US ones cost around S$42). I can sell my American 3DS at a high price thanks to it being an ambassador set (idc the games anyway), together with all my paid US games.

Do you think I should go for it? Or should I just be patient and wait for my mouth to water?
Thanks!

Waddy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could always get your JP 3DS from play-asia they're $230 and games range from $50-$70 on there as well.
But it all comes down to your choice, do you want the ease of playing games in English or the Massive range of games that you could play (but in Japanese) with a japanese 3DS

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My local gameshop is willing to get one for me at SGD 250, same price as an American one. But probs is I don't know whether it will have shop warranty or not.
Waddy101 said:
You could always get your JP 3DS from play-asia they're $230 and games range from $50-$70 on there as well.
But it all comes down to your choice, do you want the ease of playing games in English or the Massive range of games that you could play (but in Japanese) with a japanese 3DS
I want a JP set for the games. Btw I was referring to Singapore dollars, NOT US!!
tongue.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
My local gameshop is willing to get one for me at SGD 250, same price as an American one. But probs is I don't know whether it will have shop warranty or not.

I have asked around all the shop either says they do not sell it or they can help me get the set but the warranty is only 1 week (>_

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:

I have asked around all the shop either says they do not sell it or they can help me get the set but the warranty is only 1 week (>_

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
I'm very very interested in Project Mirai and MH.

Hehe me too
smile.gif
Yesterday during the StreetPass meetup someone had a Japanese 3DS and he showed me the 3D trailer for Project Mirai and MH and it was awesome! The AR demo for Bravely Default is awesome too!
biggrin.gif

Hehe you can view photos of the meetup here!
Anyway what color will you be getting?
I'm jealous
ohnoes.png

Can't turn up as I sprained my ankle.
frown.gif

Anyway, I'll be getting Cosmo black as it fits with the 3DS expansion slidepad.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Why don't you wait till the 3ds region lock is hacked? I am sure you won't be waiting long, IMO i think it's a waste of money buying 2 3ds just to play Japanese games you can't even read anyway (unless you speak it fluently) you will be gutted when a region free hack is released and you wasted all that money.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Why don't you wait till the 3ds region lock is hacked? I am sure you won't be waiting long, IMO i think it's a waste of money buying 2 3ds just to play Japanese games you can't even read anyway (unless you speak it fluently) you will be gutted when a region free hack is released and you wasted all that money.
He mentioned that he can read Jap and the hack probally will be awhile.
The closest hackers have got is a "supposed" replicate of a commercial
game, but it can be loaded with one rom at a time. Even if it isn't fake it
isn't close to a hack.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
I'm very very interested in Project Mirai and MH.

Hehe me too
smile.gif
Yesterday during the StreetPass meetup someone had a Japanese 3DS and he showed me the 3D trailer for Project Mirai and MH and it was awesome! The AR demo for Bravely Default is awesome too!
biggrin.gif

I'm jealous
ohnoes.png

frown.gif

Oh I totally forgotten about the 3DS expansion slidepad...

Last edited by chemistryfreak,

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jalaneme said:
My brother is darn impatient (as I have mentioned) and he can't wait for long. In addition, I can read Japanese to a certain extent. The first DS cart released was also really unstable and it took quite a while to be stabilized.

I know what you mean exactly.

chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
QUOTE(chris888222 @ Sep 18 2011, 07:18 PM) I'm very very interested in Project Mirai and MH.

Hehe me too
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm jealous
ohnoes.png

frown.gif

Oh Is your ankle ok now?
I am actually thinking of organizing a StreetPass FlashMob event...

Oh I totally forgotten about the 3DS expansion slidepad...
Thanks for the concern. Its better but still hurts a little.

Organize one! I really hope for someone with a Japanese system to come.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
TheDarkSeed said:
Question: Why didn't you get a Japanese 3DS to begin with?
That time gamestores didn't want to import them as it was ¥25,000 and import taxes were high. In addition, the JP games then didn't interest me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.