Fear The Walking Dead Episode 1

  • Thread starter Thread starter LittleFlame
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,967
  • Replies Replies 28

What'd you think of the episode


  • Total voters
    21
To all the people debating, just watch it, maybe while your surfing around on the temp you can have it on in the back ground. One hour of your time isn't going to hurt you. If you don't like TWD then you probably shouldn't watch because it's going to be the same thing. I'd rather of had double the episodes for TWD than have to keep track of two different shows.
 
It's no George Romero film as he can make you feel for the characters without having the long drawn out soap operas... but it's still good thus far.

Hopefully this Walking Dead doesn't turn to crap after the 1st season also.
 
I'd say it's too early to tell. You can never judge a show solely on it's pilot episode. That being said, so far I don't enjoy the characters themselves, but I also don't know what direction the show is going, so it's hard to tell. I usually give a show at least 4 episodes before I give up, if it has promise in the first place. So, I'll see where it goes and judge it then.
 
The first season of TWD was solid but then it started its quality downfall due to you know what.

As for this pile of crap (based on the pilot), meh, it can obviously get better so we'll see on the next episodes.
 
It is not the best metric (people really seem to like discussing shows at the start and end of a series around here) but do I take the lack of discussion for a lack of continued interest? I had it there and ready to go but decided to watch various other shows, even a complete series of shows, instead. Week 3 though (which last night/today depending upon how you want to contemplate it) is usually where the pilot editors get booted out, step up their game or otherwise give some hint at what is to come.
 
So I finally managed to watch it over the course of a few days... nowhere near as much promise as walking dead showed in its pilot but considerably better than any walking dead I saw past about episode 5 of series 1. Also because why not I thought I would see episode 2 as well and it seems the idiocy is setting in. I know they have to do it so as to even have a show but gah.

I do however now want to watch Sons of Anarchy again.
 
Like a complete moron I watched the rest of them. The CGI was frequently awful but not to the extent it ultimately bothered me. The cinematography, scene setup, acting and even script was far better* but ultimately still fell far short of what could be. As ever the world gets zombies and the remaining humans catch a case of idiot, not as much of a raging case of idiot as most but still a case of idiot.

*I will link the following video series again as it mirrors many of my own thoughts and saves me typing them up


If you are really curious watch the first two episodes, call it an extended two parter/extended prequel or possibly some kind of short/what if and stop there. There are some memorable characters, moments and things from later episodes so I have the barest hesitation at suggesting that, however I do not think it is within reason to go for a fan edit type thing.
 
Just watched the final epiosde. Series is slightly above mediocre but it's portrayal of civilizations downfall is better than TWDs (even though it's a bit incomplete with the retarded timeskip they had).
Also, the characters are at the same time smarter and dumber than TWDs especially with (spoiler ahead):
How Daniel weaponized a fucking horde, I mean what the fuck? That's awesome, but really? This guy probably holds the record for the earliest adopter of this kind of warfare.

I'm also enjoying the lack of "he/she is still alive, just very sick!" cliche.

At the same time, why the fuck did they leave the camp gate open? Are they fucking retarded? They released 2000 fucking walkers and left a gate that could have saved dozens of people completely open?
Overall I think the first season is on par with the current seasons of TWD if not better. The characters are more well written and they seem to not be going for a "geuss who's dying next!" approach, but I honestly do not see the point in watching season 2 since it's going to be basically TWD: West Coast Edition.
 
Last edited by AlanJohn,

Site & Scene News