ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Nope, the Cipher Characters are silent, adding their voices would require editing their AID and AIDs are a pain to deal with, and if you don't know what you're doing, or even if you think you know what you're doing, one wrong thing in the AID and the game will crash.

2. Correct.

3. It depends, if you're using the extdata version it would be rather difficult because of how filesize and compression work, so editing the files might cause the game to crash every time it attempts to load them from extdata meaning you'd never get past the loading screen and into the title screen.

If you have CFW then it'd be as easy as going to romfs/global/GameData/Person/ and locating the 3 files for the Ciphers, decompressing them, recompressing them and then just rebuilding the DLC with the changes.

I have no idea how avatar units work, I know they have a character block like any normal unit, and then the boon/bane adds/subtracts to those growths.
Thanks! Although, maybe I'm just totally clueless about how these file structures are set up, but is there some reason it wouldn't work to just copy the relevant AID bits from the amiibo versions of the characters?

Also, I'm still curious as to whether the DLC will still work when the game is booted normally rather than through homebrew.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Although, maybe I'm just totally clueless about how these file structures are set up, but is there some reason it wouldn't work to just copy the relevant AID bits from the amiibo versions of the characters?

Also, I'm still curious as to whether the DLC will still work when the game is booted normally rather than through homebrew.
Yes, the DLC works regardless if you boot the game normally or not. No need to boot the game through NTR CFW or through HANS in the Homebrew Launcher.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the DLC works regardless if you boot the game normally or not. No need to boot the game through NTR CFW or through HANS in the Homebrew Launcher.
Thanks!

As a final question to whoever knows the answer, can characters be given innate reclass sets larger than three classes, or is three the limit for that?
I know classes can be added to their reclass set mid-playthrough, but I don't know if those are recorded differently since I don't believe the added classes are recorded in the Logbook when the character is registered to it.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thanks!

As a final question to whoever knows the answer, can characters be given innate reclass sets larger than three classes, or is three the limit for that?
I know classes can be added to their reclass set mid-playthrough, but I don't know if those are recorded differently since I don't believe the added classes are recorded in the Logbook when the character is registered to it.
Units can only have a maximum of 3 classes, that's just a hard limit because of how the character blocks are set up.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Units can only have a maximum of 3 classes, that's just a hard limit because of how the character blocks are set up.
Ahhh, thanks!
I ask because I was thinking about reclass options for the Cipher DLC characters (I take it the official versions have none beyond other DLC classes), and while Lucina already has a defined set of three classes, and Minerva has obvious choices for her other two (Wyvern Rider for obvious reasons, and Shrine Maiden based on her ending in FE3/12 and also Maria), I was having trouble coming up with what Marth's would be, and I was kinda considering just giving him every non-character-specific human class in FE1 (that still exists in FE14), but I guess that wouldn't really work if you can only assign three.
I really don't wanna be boring and just assign Marth the same +Archer/+Cavalier set that Chrom and Lucina get, but...

Last edited by Topaz Light,

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is there a save manager that works with extdata besides JKs. I'm asking because while I have CFW set-up, but I wanted to get these characters on my JPN version of the game, but since JK's save manager doesn't work with JPN Fates' ext data.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is there a save manager that works with extdata besides JKs. I'm asking because while I have CFW set-up, but I wanted to get these characters on my JPN version of the game, but since JK's save manager doesn't work with JPN Fates' ext data.

If you have CFW, why not just use FBI to install the JPN region CIA and do it that way?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Unless I missed it there isn't one
How exactly does JKSV not work for you?

@shadowofchaos has a Japanese copy of the game, and he did an extdata injection just fine, I even rebuilt a special one that has Japanese text, I made this extdata using my USA SE copy and it worked on his JPN SE physical cartridge, is your JKSV up to date?

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to use JK to extract the ext data it tells me that there was an error and that Fates might not use ext data. I think I have the latest version, but it there anyway to check what version I have?

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to use JK to extract the ext data it tells me that there was an error and that Fates might not use ext data. I think I have the latest version, but it there anyway to check what version I have?
Copy a save over into one of the extra data slots. Then go into the save manager. Should work fine after that.

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy a save over into one of the extra data slots. Then go into the save manager. Should work fine after that.
So I did this, but it still gave me the same error message. I also made sure I'm on the most recent release. I went to the browse for Ext Data option and it asked me if I wanted to create Ext Data, would that work?

skitariister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Thanks for your hard work.

I'm using a Gateway with the US version of fates installed via CIA.
I tried using Big Blue Box to install the v6.5 but it says CIA is invalid. Are there steps that I need to take? I'm new to this and I only know how to install CIAs.

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello

I tried using Big Blue Box to install the v6.5 but it says CIA is invalid. Are there steps that I need to take? I'm new to this and I only know how to install CIAs.
You tried to delete all the other DLC of Fates?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Use the latest FBI instead of BBM.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried eur version right now and not worked (error in sd)

see ya
Can you please give more info? What was the full error? Where did you receive the error? What is your current setup? We can't help you if you just give us "error in sd" and "not worked".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay