ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
*notices Test in filename* Welp, time to test the DLC.
It actually works, I'm just too lazy to rename them so I just used the same links as the testing ones, since no changes had to be made.

Do let me know if anything behaves oddly though, but you should expect no funny shenanigans.

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
well, while i continue to delve into the hell that is the 3ds's 3d modeling, I see that Arete is now here

i'll have to get that

(but seriously, why does everyone have to make their own damn file extension for their models in their games, Xenoblade3d, FE13, FE14, Smash, and KI:U all have different extensions, this is getting ridiculous guys)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually works, I'm just too lazy to rename them so I just used the same links as the testing ones, since no changes had to be made.

Do let me know if anything behaves oddly though, but you should expect no funny shenanigans.
Since I'm using an CIA of the Special Edition, doing an ext wipe wipes the Branch of Fate option in the Fates menu. So I reinstalled Fates, played through the story to get to the Dragon's Gate and attempted to access the DLC. It started checking for the content, then it gave me an error that said the console had to restart. Should I start fresh entirely (delete Fates, delete the DLC, delete the ext data and reinstall Fates and the DLC) and try again?

And now the game can't get past the "Loading the ext data" screen when you launch the game. Guess I might as well start from fresh.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Since I'm using an CIA of the Special Edition, doing an ext wipe wipes the Branch of Fate option in the Fates menu. So I reinstalled Fates, played through the story to get to the Dragon's Gate and attempted to access the DLC. It started checking for the content, then it gave me an error that said the console had to restart. Should I start fresh entirely (delete Fates, delete the DLC, delete the ext data and reinstall Fates and the DLC) and try again?

And now the game can't get past the "Loading the ext data" screen when you launch the game. Guess I might as well start from fresh.
Strange, nothing seemed to be wrong on my side, although it could be the .cia that was faulty since I didn't do an extdata wipe, as it wasn't necessary to do so.

I'll try that and rebuilt the cia if necessary.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

If you want to keep all your important stuff from your extdata here's what to do.

Step 1) Backup your extdata using jksv
Step 2) delete all files starting with "g_" from your extdata backup you just made EXCEPT g_contents.bin, this file is important.
Step 3) delete your extdata from system settings
Step 4) start up Fates and let it create new extdata
Step 5) go to jksv and restore your extdata backup from earlier

Now you have a clean extdata with all of your old saves back, and the DLC successfully removed for a clean reinstall.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep all your important stuff from your extdata here's what to do.

Step 1) Backup your extdata using jksv
Step 2) delete all files starting with "g_" from your extdata backup you just made EXCEPT g_contents.bin, this file is important.
Step 3) delete your extdata from system settings
Step 4) start up Fates and let it create new extdata
Step 5) go to jksv and restore your extdata backup from earlier

Now you have a clean extdata with all of your old saves back, and the DLC successfully removed for a clean reinstall.
Thanks for the instructions. Luckily I don't have any of my saves on the extra pages yet but this is useful info for when I do. Also thanks for the updated links. I'll try it about in a bit.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
I turned chrom into a paladin, on my save where EVERYONE is a paladin, NO EXCEPTIONS. Sword animation is basically what happened when Sumia held a sword as a p. knight
It's hilarious. It's probably not fixable but I'm just pointing it out.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I turned chrom into a paladin, on my save where EVERYONE is a paladin, NO EXCEPTIONS. Sword animation is basically what happened when Sumia held a sword as a p. knight
It's hilarious. It's probably not fixable but I'm just pointing it out.
Nope, the only way that can be fixed is when I get around to making his Lord class into an actual class, meaning his model would become the default class model with his animations and everything.

That requires making a class AID, and that's way out of my league for now.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DeathChaos, if I'm doing a fresh install of this DLC, I don't need an extdata wipe, correct? I'm also using Omegablu's customs as well, so I'd like to be able to merge them.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey DeathChaos, if I'm doing a fresh install of this DLC, I don't need an extdata wipe, correct? I'm also using Omegablu's customs as well, so I'd like to be able to merge them.
Nah, you don't need a wipe, that's just needed when changes are made to previous characters, like say, if Arete were to somehow have a glitch that needed to be fixed, otherwise it's fine.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, you don't need a wipe, that's just needed when changes are made to previous characters, like say, if Arete were to somehow have a glitch that needed to be fixed, otherwise it's fine.
alright sweet

my game crashed when I tried to load Lissa in the accessory shop. I used to be able to load her in there no problem, gave her a head towel and everything.

Oh well, at least Lilith works with accessories, I guess.

Edit: How would I go about bringing back the original DLC? Would I wipe the asset DLC first? I tried just redownloading the DLC, but that made a bunch of the units bug out </3

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the DLC working. Question: When do I need to do the ext wipe? You said in the OP that we need to do an ext wipe to delete the old version but then you said that we don't need to do it? I just want a conformation on what I need to do to go about installing the new version whenever it comes out.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I got the DLC working. Question: When do I need to do the ext wipe? You said in the OP that we need to do an ext wipe to delete the old version but then you said that we don't need to do it? I just want a conformation on what I need to do to go about installing the new version whenever it comes out.
That's only needed if/when something was fixed from the old version, like the Chrom/Lissa/Freddy reclass glitch, or the crashes caused by Sumeragi and Mikoto in Revelation.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the fact that the new characters not having a blue shield suppose to be a thing? Are you going to make it so you'd give them Support conversations with the MU or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads