FBI not injecting into HS.APP

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by warmijwilfaain, Sep 9, 2016.

1. warmijwilfaain
    OP

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    Okay, so I've CFWd 2 3DSes absolutely fine now, no issues whatsoever.

Trying to CFW my friend's, and it all goes smoothly up until the very last part where I'm trying to inject FBI into hs.app.

Dumping works. Copying to PC works. Running the go.bat file works (I think?). FBI.cia is in the input folder, alongside the hs.app that was dumped.

Whatever happens, when I inject the FBI_inject_with_banner.app (which according to Hourglass9 supposedly works and is "successful"), when I reboot the 3DS to go to Health & Safety, it's just the normal Health & Safety app. Opening it just opens Health & Safety.

I think I'm going mad. Would love some responses to help fix this. Thanks.

2. Biovirulent

Biovirulent GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Wait, you're using Hourglass9 to inject it?
    Is that even the right thing? It sounds like it isn't.
    Aren't you supposed to use decrypt9?

3. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    The best advice I could possibly give is to try a newer release of either hourglass9/decrypt9 with the whole process if you haven't already.

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Hourglass9 is decrypt9 without the dangerous features and always has keep a9lh on when flashing nand backups.

LongTimeLurker likes this.
  5. Gold_Up

Gold_Up Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    Singapore
    I've never has this issue before. Have you tried installing FBI .cia with the homebrew app ? That's what I usually do.

6. Biovirulent

Biovirulent GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, but I haven't used it yet. Does it include FBI injection?

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Yes. Under sysnand options.

8. Biovirulent

Biovirulent GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Ah, well I don't know what his problem could be then. I used decrypt9 to inject it. Definitely could be old versions of hourglass9/decrypt9 then.

9. warmijwilfaain
    OP

warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

Sep 30, 2007
    Kent. lolol
    UPDATE: Managed to get it all working. Used CTRTRANSFER to flash a new 9.2 firmware rather than rely on the old NAND backup which I have my suspicions is a frankenfirmware

Original Post:

Tried using Decrypt9 as well - same issue. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating (also deleted all previous instances of hs.app and fbi.cia).
    Hourglass9 and Decrypt9 are both their latest versions.

Last edited by warmijwilfaain, Sep 9, 2016
  10. Coffee Prosecutor

Coffee Prosecutor Asking too much.

Jan 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I found no better place to ask: What is the purpose if injecting FBI into H&S? I was able to install everything I needed very easily with other means, after I was done with the process, since I used my old reinand for a9lh.

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It's the only way to get a CIA installer onto your console if you don't have one already and are higher than 9.2 firmware (so can't use the homebrew version). It is also impervious to system formats unlike .cia format apps installed normally.