Homebrew FBI not injecting into HS.APP

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,962
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I've CFWd 2 3DSes absolutely fine now, no issues whatsoever.

Trying to CFW my friend's, and it all goes smoothly up until the very last part where I'm trying to inject FBI into hs.app.

Dumping works. Copying to PC works. Running the go.bat file works (I think?). FBI.cia is in the input folder, alongside the hs.app that was dumped.

Whatever happens, when I inject the FBI_inject_with_banner.app (which according to Hourglass9 supposedly works and is "successful"), when I reboot the 3DS to go to Health & Safety, it's just the normal Health & Safety app. Opening it just opens Health & Safety.

I think I'm going mad. Would love some responses to help fix this. Thanks.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you're using Hourglass9 to inject it?
Is that even the right thing? It sounds like it isn't.
Aren't you supposed to use decrypt9?

Gold_Up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've never has this issue before. Have you tried installing FBI .cia with the homebrew app ? That's what I usually do.

D

Deleted User

OP
UPDATE: Managed to get it all working. Used CTRTRANSFER to flash a new 9.2 firmware rather than rely on the old NAND backup which I have my suspicions is a frankenfirmware

Original Post:

Tried using Decrypt9 as well - same issue. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating (also deleted all previous instances of hs.app and fbi.cia).
The best advice I could possibly give is to try a newer release of either hourglass9/decrypt9 with the whole process if you haven't already.
Hourglass9 and Decrypt9 are both their latest versions.

Last edited by ,

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found no better place to ask: What is the purpose if injecting FBI into H&S? I was able to install everything I needed very easily with other means, after I was done with the process, since I used my old reinand for a9lh.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I found no better place to ask: What is the purpose if injecting FBI into H&S? I was able to install everything I needed very easily with other means, after I was done with the process, since I used my old reinand for a9lh.
It's the only way to get a CIA installer onto your console if you don't have one already and are higher than 9.2 firmware (so can't use the homebrew version). It is also impervious to system formats unlike .cia format apps installed normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: