Hardware FBI error (106), cert signature or hash failed.

Dan_theman44870

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ED418823-2212-46D0-9824-2FDDC8987C38.jpeg
Hello everyone, I just got my 2ds and I was so happy and excited to play my favorite games, but there is a big difficulty between me and my console, it just can’t give me opportunity to play anything at all..:(
My console is already hacked and there is every tools that needed to install games, including CFW(I got the latest luma3ds version,b9t), and I’m not sure that it’s an corupted cia games, because I tried to install a lot of versions of one game and still nothing so far, same error at the end, even not helping deleting ticket and renaming game to something shorter.
And no 100% solution at the all web!
So please, dear friends, I’m asking everyone who can help me, to help me and give me an advice.
Maybe something wrong with my SD card? I have an 16gb sd card and there is enough space, the only game that I got success by installing is Super Mario 3D Land..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for feedback but as i said i tried it already, 5 different sources and all the same.
  1. Verify the switch is not in the LOCK position.
    • 121c0e10-a039-4f1f-8a53-770dda6be55c.jpg
  2. Copy everything off the SD card onto a computer.
  3. Reformat as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if 32 GB or larger).
  4. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
  5. Delete the *.h2w test files if the result comes back clean.
    • If an error occurs, stop the test. Replace the hardware failed card and go back to step 2 or 3.
      • Discrete error point(s): Failed NAND cell(s)
      • Streaming error: False capacity; fake card
      • Instantaneous test pass: Card has died and entered Read-Only mode.

Reactions: Starmo

Dan_theman44870

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did it and here what it says:
The media is likely to be defective.
14.7 GByte OK (30846874 sectors)
1.0 MByte DATA LOST (2150 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
1.0 MByte corrupted (2150 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000529d8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did it and here what it says:
The media is likely to be defective.
14.7 GByte OK (30846874 sectors)
1.0 MByte DATA LOST (2150 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
1.0 MByte corrupted (2150 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000529d8000
You have a real 16 GB SD card, but it has the Discrete error point(s) type failure. It has NAND cells that have died. This is similiar to burnt out light bulbs which no longer turn on and off.

Check my signature for Amazon deals.
If you end up getting a 128 GB or larger SD card, you may optionally reformat it in FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size for a slight gain in loading speed.
Don't format in 64 KB cluster size on 64 GB or smaller card.

Dan_theman44870

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a real 16 GB SD card, but it has the Discrete error point(s) type failure.
woow, so the problem is really was in the sd card? Thats why i could intstall 1-2 game and couldnt install the rest all.
And now i just have to buy new one and make it fat 32 again?
and what i have to do with all hacked files and some games?, can i just transfer it to a new one?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
woow, so the problem is really was in the sd card? Thats why i could intstall 1-2 game and couldnt install the rest all.
and what i have to do with all hacked files and some games?, can i just transfer it to a new one?
If I were you I would copy all files from the sd card to a PC immediately so if anything else breaks on the sd card you don't lose anything. Then when you have the new sd card just simply copy the files from the PC to the new sd card after you have formated it the way @TurdPooCharger told you to do.

Also a little heads up don't think about buying an SD card from ebay as 99% of cards on ebay are fake.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to add. When you get a new card, check it first with H2testw before using it. Protect yourself if you receive a counterfeit product and need to return it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Dan_theman44870

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would copy all files from the sd card to a PC immediately so if anything else breaks on the sd card you don't lose anything. Then when you have the new sd card just simply copy the files from the PC to the new sd card after you have formated it the way @TurdPooCharger told you to do.

Also a little heads up whatever don't think about buying an SD card from ebay as 99% of cards on ebay are fake.
Yeah i did it, by the way while waiting to buy a new one i decided to play at least something to kill the time and after getting back all the files from the pc to sd card i think that something is broken, because when i tried to tap select button to see how its going on with luma there was only 2 options, godmode and luma chain loader, after that i cant launch it again so i guess i dont have luma no longer, and there was sign that arm9 is missing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to add. When you get a new card, check it first with H2testw before using it. Protect yourself if you receive a counterfeit product and need to return it.
Alright ill do it first, thanks.
and what you can say about my text at the top, maybe i can just now throw it away to trash and then if everything will be okay with a new card i will have to hack everything from the beginning?
If yes is there easy and short guide to do it all:teach:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep do this even if you buy it from reputable retailers as fakes can sometimes end up even in their supply chain. Happened here in Scotland with our biggest supermarket Asda (our version of Walmart). Somehow a load of fake cards branded as SanDisk got delivered to them but they noticed before most of them got shipped out the warehouse.

Basically trust no one lol.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright ill do it first, thanks.
and what you can say about my text at the top, maybe i can just now throw it away to trash and then if everything will be okay with a new card i will have to hack everything from the beginning?
If yes is there easy and short guide to do it all:teach:
Don't throw away your card just yet but also don't use it. Using a faulty card can corrupt data either from bad write or freezing the 3DS. Hold onto the bad card until your replacement comes in.

Basically for the new card, you'll reformat it, test with H2testw, and copy all your files over it. When everything is on the new card, backup all your game saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM. Not knowing if any of your current games have their data damaged, you may need to reinstall their *.cia files. However, reinstalling a game will overwrite its game progress.

Keep the card if there were any saves + extdata that couldn't be backed up with one of the homebrew save managers. You may need to scan for lost and hidden files with a recovery program like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as a last ditch effort. Here's a list of several data recovery software.

Dan_theman44870

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/QUOTE]
Finally you can congratulate me dear TurdPooCharger! You helped me as no one could help all around the freaking web around the world(not a sarcasm,seriosly), you exactly gave me the right direction and advise to solve this problem and finally after getting new sd card it installed!
You have no idea how much i appreciate your help, again thank you sir!
[/QUOTE]
And thank you ma'am!:yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't throw away your card just yet but also don't use it. Using a faulty card can corrupt data either from bad write or freezing the 3DS. Hold onto the bad card until your replacement comes in.

Basically for the new card, you'll reformat it, test with H2testw, and copy all your files over it. When everything is on the new card, backup all your game saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM. Not knowing if any of your current games have their data damaged, you may need to reinstall their *.cia files. However, reinstalling a game will overwrite its game progress.

Keep the card if there were any saves + extdata that couldn't be backed up with one of the homebrew save managers. You may need to scan for lost and hidden files with a recovery program like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as a last ditch effort. Here's a list of several data recovery software.

Starmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know this is an old post but I recently goy another 3DS and modded it. For my old 3DS XL I used freeshop a long time ago so I did not get any of these errors since I did not install games using cia and FBI.
I got the same error today on my 3DS. See below.

IMG_4978.jpg

I thought that my card was corrupted. I have SanDisk 200 GB brand new card and as suggested above by @TurdPooCharger I tested the card in H2testw. I did not get any errors. I then downloaded cias from other sources and some worked others did not.
What I did with the ones that did not work is checked the checksum and compered using this website MD5 File Checksum (search it online since I can't post URLs). The one I downloaded and extracted (cia file) I checked against the one on the SD card and the checksum was different. I then used another card reader to copy the file and redid checksum comparison. It was exactly the same. I installed the game in FBI without any issues. The issue for me was the card reader.

Last edited by Starmo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7