Hacking fault with 1.4.1 akio?

neilw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I've just got a ak2i (now regretting it following reports of it not working with dsi!), and installed the latest version of akio (1.4.1)

However, every time I change soft-reset to enabled the DS hangs when I try and start a game. Changing the settings back or even deleting the save file and the nds still causes it to crash! I guess there must be a bug somewhere and these settings are stored in one of the binary files as there was nothing in any of the config files, i.e. I have to reinstall all of akio again.

A couple more questions:

1. what exactly is 'default' as there are no global settings and how do I set it, I guess it must be off because soft-reset doesn't work (it did on the original ak menu system).

2. what setting do I change to make it use .sav files as it's not loading my .sav files and is creating .nds.sav instead. I've tried changing the case to lowercase as well.

Thanks.

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It might work or not on amerian dsi. I just red that the acekard 2i works on an aussie dsi but doen't on UK. Only time will tell.
Load in your acekard menu. Press start than to go System options. Use the trigger to flip different pages and you'll see soft reset option and save file option.
You can set soft reset to all games by default, but sometime, on particular game can be buggy to you can turn it off by pressing Y on that game and look at the options.
Try the soft reset on different game and see if it works.
If all this still don't work, well just reformat you micro sd with the panasonic formatter and reinstall akaio 1.4.1 PROPER.

Read the WIKI, it's really helpfull

neilw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I didn't even realise there were more options! As for the reset, it always seems to work on my Edge and R4.

However, I don't think it matters as my AceKard seems to be broken. Whenever I switch off and back on, the nintendo logo freezes. I have to reinsert and blow on it about 5 times before it works again. I know it isn't my ds or the micro sd because I've swapped between all three of my ds's and edge/r4's and it only ever fails on the acekard.

Is this a known problem? it's got to be a dodgy connection somewhere and I suspect the spring as it doesn't freeze if I don't have the micro SD in.

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, some cards have a bad connection.
All acekard products have a one year warranty so contact your reseller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate