Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tested and search is working. :yay: Found another glitch. That until title image is downloaded, in its place is showed previous image that was there before.
So how to reproduce it (this you can see if you don't have ultra fast internet, do it as fast as you can):
- Go to fresh page
- Write "0100" in search
- Use titleid so you get all results
- Go to Advanced Filters
- in MIN Release date write "20220101"
- Look at first titles

So I'm getting something like this until image is downloaded. And because this search I have proposed is downloading a big amount of images, it takes some time to get it refreshed.

Btw. Maybe add an option to block loading images? This will substancially reduce internet usage for this case.
And sorting via one of few options like name, date, etc. Since it seems this is sorting via order in which they are stored in json.

View attachment 300346
Nice!. Yeah i noticed the same too. I am not quite sure what is causing that but i guess its a bug with vuejs or even the nature of the browser itself (due to caching and other stuff). Ill take a look at it but i am not sure if thats something easy to fix. Ill report back once i figured something out.

Disabling images to decrease load times is a good idea. Ill probably add lazy loading too so it doesnt get loaded all at once but only when needed.

I'm no coder but https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager grabs from https://github.com/blawar/titledb and generates in a couple seconds a 60MB file with every gameID there is so I guess you can have just 1 json file for all languages which I assume is because the same ID is often the same that is used in different languages json files.
Hm. looking at the code, that file only seem to include the US json file.
but even if it were all titles, you cant go from 1.7gb to 60 mb without cutting off huge amounts of data. Even if we pretend that i can chop down file size so much without loosing important data, i cant generate them into one file because all operations must use the NsuId as "primary and unique identifier". the NsuId across languages is usually the same though but not the content of the actual game. the age rating (for example) can be different in germany vs US vs japan. also, all texts would overwrite each other. id need to put english as the last override but what if the title is exclusive to other languages only?

i have thought about this before creating this site and its just not possible without a huge development time, a lot of workarounds and without loosing data. Apart from that, generating such a file myself is not an option either because the whole project is designed to run without a server or my need to compile something (may it be automated or not). it only relies on your browser working and the titledb database being updated.

TLDR: no, not possible.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm. looking at the code, that file only seem to include the US json file.
but even if it were all titles, you cant go from 1.7gb to 60 mb without cutting off huge amounts of data. Even if we pretend that i can chop down file size so much without loosing important data, i cant generate them into one file because all operations must use the NsuId as "primary and unique identifier". the NsuId across languages is usually the same though but not the content of the actual game. the age rating (for example) can be different in germany vs US vs japan. also, all texts would overwrite each other. id need to put english as the last override but what if the title is exclusive to other languages only?

i have thought about this before creating this site and its just not possible without a huge development time, a lot of workarounds and without loosing data. Apart from that, generating such a file myself is not an option either because the whole project is designed to run without a server or my need to compile something (may it be automated or not). it only relies on your browser working and the titledb database being updated.

TLDR: no, not possible.
I do not know how exactly Switch Library Manager does it but I'm sure that it also reports titles that are exclusive to other regions or are only available on non-english.
Just run the app and see for yourself, pretty sure that everything that is on tinfoil.io is listed there as well, granted that as of late I'm having some odd problem with SLM which it is not reporting missing updates for DLC files just like your site doesn't appear to be reporting them also.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not know how exactly Switch Library Manager does it but I'm sure that it also reports titles that are exclusive to other regions or are only available on non-english.
Just run the app and see for yourself, pretty sure that everything that is on tinfoil.io is listed there as well, granted that as of late I'm having some odd problem with SLM which it is not reporting missing updates for DLC files just like your site doesn't appear to be reporting them also.

looks like you are right about the exclusive titles.
but all my other points still stand. all data thats different between regions are just gone. its inaccurate and not good if you want to get exactly the differences between them. also, i cant "trust" that file and just assume all the data my tool needs exists, if it just chops away data.

Thats not a problem with my tool nor with SLM. we just process the data we get from the titledb and if the update data is missing, well, we cant do anything about it.

Last edited by Slluxx,

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SLM appears to only use 2 files from titledb one of which is versions.txt which looks like sort of an universal file that should contain almost everything it needs to operate.
I suppose that because your tool shows more information and SLM in addition to game images only shows the ID, region and corresponding versions of updates available it can trim up the information it grabs to a minimum.

Regardless of that tinfoil.io displays even more data than anything else I know and seems to be able consolidate it all into a single search, maybe that's because they have more compute available to process the data and if that is the case it's understandable if you don't have access to the same resources they have.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SLM appears to only use 2 files from titledb one of which is versions.txt which looks like sort of an universal file that should contain almost everything it needs to operate.
I suppose that because your tool shows more information and SLM in addition to game images only shows the ID, region and corresponding versions of updates available it can trim up the information it grabs to a minimum.

Regardless of that tinfoil.io displays even more data than anything else I know and seems to be able consolidate it all into a single search, maybe that's because they have more compute available to process the data and if that is the case it's understandable if you don't have access to the same resources they have.
yes. the bundled titles file (which is , as established, missing diffences in regional data) and the version file. i am using the versions file too so the update data of all titles across our tools/software are the same because of that.

Tinfoil.io has an api and a backend (server) that filters data before it gets to the client. i am not using that. its a simple website designed to run without a server purely in the client browser. i could make the same but why should i pay money for that just for this project? It being run 100% clientside means that my tool will work in a billion years (provided that the data / github is still there) while their service wont work without their server. if they shut it down one day or the government seizes it because nintendo doesnt like tinfoil, it wont be usable anymore.

Because its running 100% inside the client, it is your pc that does all the calculations. your or someone elses PC might be very bad though and thats why i have to keep in mind that some people dont have a 3k$ gaming pc. But i have all the same data as the tinfoil website. i just dont display it because my tool is not something you should use to find new games. its main usecase is for developers to find and map names, titleids and nsuids and updates. everything else thats on it is just a bonus.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GREAT TOOL !
A maybe-bug: DEMO voice seems to be wrong (isDemo = False).
O2B1bBo.png

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GREAT TOOL !
A maybe-bug: DEMO voice seems to be wrong (isDemo = False).
O2B1bBo.png

Thanks!

Nope, that's no bug. The title you have open is the title for the full game. The full game, which is not released yet just shows in the image that a demo is available for you to try

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

Nope, that's no bug. The title you have open is the title for the full game. The full game, which is not released yet just shows in the image that a demo is available for you to try
Good to know. Well, I just searched "kirby" (no TitleID) and one of the results was that one, so the "isDemo" voice should be taken with care :)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, you need to know that the image (label) can not be related to the "isDemo" voice which is strictly (and correctly) related to TitleID, just a thing users should be aware of.
yeah i can understand your confusion. i was confused too when i saw it the first time but it also makes sense the way it is.
Demos are disabled in the filter by default so if you keep that in mind, you wont be confused again :)

Reactions: asper

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Btw. Maybe add an option to block loading images? This will substancially reduce internet usage for this case.
And sorting via one of few options like name, date, etc. Since it seems this is sorting via order in which they are stored in json.
Blocking images is implemented. Lazy loading is a little bit broken but ill implement that asap too.
Sorting is planned too but needs more planning on my part. Ill probably remove the current way of auto-applying the advanced filter too because its really annoying if you have a lot of data and the browser struggles to keep up.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, thanks. :grog:Another issues i have found:
- name search is too strict. For example I can't find "DOOM® Eternal" by writing "doom eternal" because of copyright symbol. Writing "doom" or "eternal" shows game. I think you can split words to separate entries and search in titles if they have both of them instead of using whole "doom eternal" as one string.
- when searching via date range, it also shows entries that don't have any date.
1646471335032.png

Last edited by masagrator,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, thanks. :grog:Another issues i have found:
- name search is too strict. For example I can't find "DOOM® Eternal" by writing "doom eternal" because of copyright symbol. Writing "doom" or "eternal" shows game. I think you can split words to separate entries and search in titles if they have both of them instead of using whole "doom eternal" as one string.
- when searching via date range, it also shows entries that don't have any date.
View attachment 300468

Oh yeah. at first i thought about filtering everything thats not 0-9a-zA-Z out of both the input and game names but that (in adition to being a heavy operation) would remove kanji or cyrillic letters too, which is not good. Splitting the input words into an array and searching through that is probably the best i can do. Ill code that in.

Yeah, the release date is probably NULL. If you toggle the "ignore NULL" checkbox thingy in the advanced filter, its gone.
I thought its best to have it on by default because you never know then a title you are searching for actually has a NULL value somewhere. I could improve it by giving each option a "ignore null" checkbox but apart from that being more work, i thought its very unlikely that someone will have issues with it.

Share your thoughts about that and ill see how i can improve it

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is completely unintuitive. :ninja:
depends if you associate "ignore" with the titles or the filter :D
but yeah, the wording is not the best. When i came up with it, i had space constraints and on top of that didnt know what to name it (i still dont tbh).

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
depends if you associate "ignore" with the titles or the filter :D
but yeah, the wording is not the best. When i came up with it, i had space constraints and on top of that didnt know what to name it (i still dont tbh).
"Don't show entries with NULL values"? :P I don't think space is now an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol