1. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Some Tips to mod the fake controller.

Remove the Motor from the plastic and cut out this plastic tower.
    Then glue the motor with hotglue in the Plastic.

That make the motor more silent then Original and it feels better then Original.

Here in a short Video the Difference

[​IMG][​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

eyeliner likes this.
  2. Irius

Irius Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks for the tip!!, even if I probably try to install HD rumble in the future, for now this is much better than simply got it disconnected as I have. Seems like we have the same rumble motor, mine is so annoying that I've to keep it shutted, so I'll try your solution for sure.

3. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Let this try to install hd Rumble.
    It's not the work worth.
    They work but it is ultra low and hundert of miles from a correct working HD Rumble away.
    It like the Power they got is too Low because the Vibration Motor take less power then a HD Rumble.

Several Uer Try it and I Try it on my 2 different Boards too.
    Result I build they out and insert the motors again because they are better then a HD Rumble in these Controller

4. Bayart

Bayart Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    I've got the same pad. It's sold in Nintendo packaging, in an seemingly official plastic molded enclosure, with Nintendo promo material at Nintendo prices on Aliexpress...

Last edited by Bayart, Nov 5, 2020
  5. pvcordeiro

pvcordeiro Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hey dude, any luck with that? Just bought one today and I'm having the exact same issue as you...

6. Irius

Irius Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    We said already all about connectivity. You can't simply connect via bluetooth and expect to work. Windows works natively with xinput, only available with wired connections (they are translated USB to xinput) or xbox controllers that works directly with this type of protocol. Some games and programs implements their own controller support and are capable to recognize other types of inputs (Ex: GTAV recognize PS4 controllers).
    If you want to connect, in our case Switch controllers, it has to be wired, or use an external input recognizer and translator (Ex: Steam).
    As we already said too, best option if you want wireless connection outside Steam, an external adapter like Magic-NS would solve all your problems.
    Finally, as xbox has no motion sensor, you won't be able to use gyro via xinput. The only way I know you can use it is via Steam.
    Capture button won't work as on Switch, you'll need to configure it in other ways.

7. bobelmataplagas

Newcomer

Mexico
    Gives me an error when opening... sorry

8. hermann384

hermann384 Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    Hello i have one of this fake pro controllers that me and my friends use when we are many people playing smash. The right stickbox stoped working. Its v1.6 and i desolderd the old stickbox and added a new one but i destroyed the threds wear the Potentiometer is connected. Does anyone know wear the traces go and if so wear i could solder cables to the potentiometers?

Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

I showed hear in the pictures of the traces

Last edited by hermann384, Apr 28, 2021
  9. Irius

Irius Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I'm sorry to say, that in my experience, that have no solution. I broke a WiiU Pro controller soldering but as PCB was modular I was able to improvise a wired connection as the little PCB that held analogstick teared apart. Here you can see an image of iFixit of those PCBs and how wires goes to the main board.
    [​IMG]

In your unfortunate case, PCB is an entire piece. Threads surely goes to a microcontroller. There is not enough space to bridge that connection.
    What I recommend you to do is desolder carefully all points you did. Clean it up the best you can, and solder better. Luckly it would work, I hope you succeed.

10. coolkid

coolkid Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    l think l may have that but in a different box (and l play w/ the controller on pc for *Roblox*)

11. roxas10

roxas10 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi everyone, i was seeing some people wanted to upgrade the firmware, or connect the controller via bluetooth.
    I was looking a lot of cheap controllers for the switch, I saw the Tom Nook one, panda, etc...
    What I was most aware of was that those controllers have the same problem as some OEM from aliexpress, that the analog stick is registering full way before it was.
    I also couldn't connect it via bluetooth to pc, or android, even i saw some tutorials on youtube, that when you press Home+A started blinking and connecting to mobile phone.

I found a little solution.
    My controller is an No NFC and No Home WakeUp.
    In my case, when I connect my controller to a pc, and press Home + X + Y the controller sets to firmware update mode.

(I can't insert links cause my account is new)

I flashed 2 diferent firmwares, if you wanna try:
    This one is from the same company as Tom Nook one
    upload_2021-6-22_1-30-54.png

And this one is from another cheapo controllers.
    upload_2021-6-22_1-31-37.png

The insten one haves the option to reset the controller pressing the sync button.That's the one I'm using.

If you find a way to change colors, calibrate analogs with that firmwares, etc.. would be awesome if you share it.

If you find other firmware without the shitty analog "deadzone", I would love to try it.

Those 2 firmwares works this way.
    To select a mode, press the sync button first, and then press:

Home+Y to select a mode that I don't know what it does. (I see that bluetooth detects it as a Wireless Controller, Maybe PS4 Mode? I will try it later)
    Home+X to select Nintendo Switch Pairing mode.
    Home+A to select Android and PC HID mode.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you harm your controller in any way, this is just a experiment I did, and worked for me. I didn't tried it yet on a switch, I use the controller normally with an adapter from JYS to use it for Nintendont, HIDtoVPad, because I don't own a Switch yet.

If some of this doesn't work, try to connect your controller while pressing Right or Left Joystick, there are some controllers that update that way.

In case you want to try other firmwares from beboncool:
    upload_2021-6-22_1-31-57.png

In this page there are more controllers to try.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this thread, I bought this controller thanks to what you all said.

Last edited by roxas10, Jun 22, 2021 at 12:41 AM
    ploggy likes this.
  12. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    This is really interesting I didnt know the Switch Clone Controller firmware could be upgraded?
    I have a Splatoon style Switch Clone Controller that doesn't have NFC and cant turn on the Console but otherwise looks exactly the same as official.. The Controller has a weird Analog issue though where the stick will register the opposite direction if I hold the stick in one direction then let go (hard to explain but believe me it makes Platformer's and other games much harder to control precisely) :P

So if I upgrade my Controller theres a chance this issue could be fixed?

What did you mean by this? resets the Controller?

Last edited by ploggy, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:11 AM
  13. roxas10

roxas10 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    So, the bouncing back analog, is a thing from hardware I guess, it happens to me too.

Resets the controller, it shuts the controller down if connected, the same as a ps4, ps3, etc...

In my case, this firmware update would be great to use the controller on my mobile phone, to play games as Brawlhalla, or emulators.

ploggy likes this.
  14. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Hardware huh? that sucks, it's infuriating lol

Ahh I see thanks for the explanation :)

15. Irius

Irius Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Yeah, that's totally hardware. I guess that this happens when potentiometers lose friction and spring becomes stronger than the rest of components. Smash Competitive Community has faced this problem for years and have designed capacitors that counteract the back feedback, allowing the controller to ignore those peaks of opposite direction inputs. You can have more information of this searching for "Snapback (capacitors) smash".

ploggy likes this.
  16. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controller,