Hardware Fake Pro controller

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some Tips to mod the fake controller.

Remove the Motor from the plastic and cut out this plastic tower.
Then glue the motor with hotglue in the Plastic.

That make the motor more silent then Original and it feels better then Original.

Here in a short Video the Difference

b341ad7e33955f297ccfbd99a02fc99f.jpg
c0d7f39d1ab7718e6d9227144ac6f4bf.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: eyeliner

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Some Tips to mod the fake controller.

Remove the Motor from the plastic and cut out this plastic tower.
Then glue the motor with hotglue in the Plastic.

That make the motor more silent then Original and it feels better then Original.

Here in a short Video the Difference

Thanks for the tip!!, even if I probably try to install HD rumble in the future, for now this is much better than simply got it disconnected as I have. Seems like we have the same rumble motor, mine is so annoying that I've to keep it shutted, so I'll try your solution for sure.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let this try to install hd Rumble.
It's not the work worth.
They work but it is ultra low and hundert of miles from a correct working HD Rumble away.
It like the Power they got is too Low because the Vibration Motor take less power then a HD Rumble.

Several Uer Try it and I Try it on my 2 different Boards too.
Result I build they out and insert the motors again because they are better then a HD Rumble in these Controller

Bayart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recently found a new fake switch controller that was told that does include NFC functionality, after getting one that actually not, disarming it and finding this forum in the way of searching how it works I decided to buy it and finally came.

First, it displays Nintendo logo on the front and in the backward, weights a bit more and feels like the others.
Once opened we can see this board.
View attachment 216322
Pretty different from our 1.3 and 1.6 PCBs that I saw here but looks like joysticks are the same. It is dated of 2019-11-15 but seems to be from another manufacturer as it is not 1.8 or something like that; same material even though.

The main reason why I bought it was to know the differences between this NFC version and the other ones, to see if it could be implemented in someway. Surprisingly, the top board are exactly the same (that means other controllers also have the NFC antenna but that PCB does not implement NFC at all). No notificacion led but I found that despite not in the description of the product, it does wake up console.
View attachment 216323 View attachment 216324
We know that upper PCB is compatible with new controllers if they broke or don't work properly.

I also discover that as the original, plastic letters and arrows are plastic inked, so cannot be erased with use. Don't remember if other also have it
View attachment 216325
Battery looks the same.
View attachment 216320 View attachment 216321
Finally I want to test if this PCB does support HD-rumble, not likely but possible. Have to mention that rumble in this controller is terrible, even to disconnect it.
View attachment 216326

I wanted to share it if it is usefull to anybody and listen your thoughts about it.

I've got the same pad. It's sold in Nintendo packaging, in an seemingly official plastic molded enclosure, with Nintendo promo material at Nintendo prices on Aliexpress...

Last edited by Bayart,

pvcordeiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
During a pairing process, Windows states that it's paired, but the controller keeps flashing 4 running lights until shutting off. The same happens on newest stock Ubuntu (states it's paired, but disconnected) and Android 10 (pairs other controllers fine). So after the "pairing" and pressing any button on controller it just flashes those 4 lights for a few seconds and that's it.

Works all fine through cable but only recognized as the xbox 360 controller, so no motion controls or screenshot button.

I did not try upgrading the FW or anything, just thought it as the only logical answer.
You are pairing by pressing the top sync button, right? No need to manually switch between switch and pc modes?

Hey dude, any luck with that? Just bought one today and I'm having the exact same issue as you...

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey dude, any luck with that? Just bought one today and I'm having the exact same issue as you...
We said already all about connectivity. You can't simply connect via bluetooth and expect to work. Windows works natively with xinput, only available with wired connections (they are translated USB to xinput) or xbox controllers that works directly with this type of protocol. Some games and programs implements their own controller support and are capable to recognize other types of inputs (Ex: GTAV recognize PS4 controllers).
If you want to connect, in our case Switch controllers, it has to be wired, or use an external input recognizer and translator (Ex: Steam).
As we already said too, best option if you want wireless connection outside Steam, an external adapter like Magic-NS would solve all your problems.
Finally, as xbox has no motion sensor, you won't be able to use gyro via xinput. The only way I know you can use it is via Steam.
Capture button won't work as on Switch, you'll need to configure it in other ways.

hermann384

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello i have one of this fake pro controllers that me and my friends use when we are many people playing smash. The right stickbox stoped working. Its v1.6 and i desolderd the old stickbox and added a new one but i destroyed the threds wear the Potentiometer is connected. Does anyone know wear the traces go and if so wear i could solder cables to the potentiometers?

I showed hear in the pictures of the traces

Last edited by hermann384,

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello i have one of this fake pro controllers that me and my friends use when we are many people playing smash. The right stickbox stoped working. Its v1.6 and i desolderd the old stickbox and added a new one but i destroyed the threds wear the Potentiometer is connected. Does anyone know wear the traces go and if so wear i could solder cables to the potentiometers?

I showed hear in the pictures of the traces

I'm sorry to say, that in my experience, that have no solution. I broke a WiiU Pro controller soldering but as PCB was modular I was able to improvise a wired connection as the little PCB that held analogstick teared apart. Here you can see an image of iFixit of those PCBs and how wires goes to the main board.
fpS6ypvBNqoCltDx.full

In your unfortunate case, PCB is an entire piece. Threads surely goes to a microcontroller. There is not enough space to bridge that connection.
What I recommend you to do is desolder carefully all points you did. Clean it up the best you can, and solder better. Luckly it would work, I hope you succeed.

coolkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I bought one after seeing this thread and finally got it.
It's very obviously fake in person, the colors are wrong, the logos are missing, and the plastic is much lower quality with sharper edges and more creaking. The Analog sticks especially aren't even close, they're loose, the plastic grinds together, and they look as if they've been used for years. The Dpad is way stiffer than the original, the shoulder buttons are weirdly creaky and cheap feeling, but the face buttons are actually pretty alright.

But all that aside, it actually does work just fine. All the buttons work, the gyro works, it's detected as a pro controller, so cheapness aside it is a fully functional controller.
So I guess if you wanna pay half price for cheap plastic then sure, it's decent.

l think l may have that but in a different box (and l play w/ the controller on pc for *Roblox*)

roxas10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, i was seeing some people wanted to upgrade the firmware, or connect the controller via bluetooth.
I was looking a lot of cheap controllers for the switch, I saw the Tom Nook one, panda, etc...
What I was most aware of was that those controllers have the same problem as some OEM from aliexpress, that the analog stick is registering full way before it was.
I also couldn't connect it via bluetooth to pc, or android, even i saw some tutorials on youtube, that when you press Home+A started blinking and connecting to mobile phone.

I found a little solution.
My controller is an No NFC and No Home WakeUp OEM/Fake.
In my case, when I connect my controller to a pc, and press Home + X + Y the controller sets to firmware update mode.

(I can't insert links cause my account is new)

I flashed 2 diferent firmwares, if you wanna try:
This one is from the same company as Tom Nook one
upload_2021-6-22_1-30-54.png

And this one is from another cheapo controllers.
upload_2021-6-22_1-31-37.png

The insten one haves the option to reset the controller pressing the sync button.That's the one I'm using.

If you find a way to change colors, calibrate analogs with that firmwares, etc.. would be awesome if you share it.

If you find other firmware without the shitty analog "deadzone", I would love to try it.

Those 2 firmwares works this way.
To select a mode, press the sync button first, and then press:

Home+Y to select a mode that I don't know what it does. (I see that bluetooth detects it as a Wireless Controller, Maybe PS4 Mode? I will try it later)
Home+X to select Nintendo Switch Pairing mode.
Home+A to select Android and PC HID mode.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you harm your controller in any way, this is just a experiment I did, and worked for me. I didn't tried it yet on a switch, I use the controller normally with an adapter from JYS to use it for Nintendont, HIDtoVPad, because I don't own a Switch yet.

If some of this doesn't work, try to connect your controller while pressing Right or Left Joystick, there are some controllers that update that way.

In case you want to try other firmwares from beboncool:
upload_2021-6-22_1-31-57.png

In this page there are more controllers to try.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this thread, I bought this controller thanks to what you all said.

Last edited by roxas10,
Reactions: joshvil and ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, i was seeing some people wanted to upgrade the firmware, or connect the controller via bluetooth.
I was looking a lot of cheap controllers for the switch, I saw the Tom Nook one, panda, etc...
What I was most aware of was that those controllers have the same problem as some OEM from aliexpress, that the analog stick is registering full way before it was.
I also couldn't connect it via bluetooth to pc, or android, even i saw some tutorials on youtube, that when you press Home+A started blinking and connecting to mobile phone.

I found a little solution.
My controller is an No NFC and No Home WakeUp.
In my case, when I connect my controller to a pc, and press Home + X + Y the controller sets to firmware update mode.

(I can't insert links cause my account is new)

I flashed 2 diferent firmwares, if you wanna try:
This one is from the same company as Tom Nook one
View attachment 267686

And this one is from another cheapo controllers.
View attachment 267687

The insten one haves the option to reset the controller pressing the sync button.That's the one I'm using.

If you find a way to change colors, calibrate analogs with that firmwares, etc.. would be awesome if you share it.

If you find other firmware without the shitty analog "deadzone", I would love to try it.

Those 2 firmwares works this way.
To select a mode, press the sync button first, and then press:

Home+Y to select a mode that I don't know what it does. (I see that bluetooth detects it as a Wireless Controller, Maybe PS4 Mode? I will try it later)
Home+X to select Nintendo Switch Pairing mode.
Home+A to select Android and PC HID mode.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you harm your controller in any way, this is just a experiment I did, and worked for me. I didn't tried it yet on a switch, I use the controller normally with an adapter from JYS to use it for Nintendont, HIDtoVPad, because I don't own a Switch yet.

If some of this doesn't work, try to connect your controller while pressing Right or Left Joystick, there are some controllers that update that way.

In case you want to try other firmwares from beboncool:
View attachment 267688

In this page there are more controllers to try.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this thread, I bought this controller thanks to what you all said.
This is really interesting I didnt know the Switch Clone Controller firmware could be upgraded?
I have a Splatoon style Switch Clone Controller that doesn't have NFC and cant turn on the Console but otherwise looks exactly the same as official.. The Controller has a weird Analog issue though where the stick will register the opposite direction if I hold the stick in one direction then let go (hard to explain but believe me it makes Platformer's and other games much harder to control precisely) :P

So if I upgrade my Controller theres a chance this issue could be fixed?

What did you mean by this? resets the Controller?

Last edited by ploggy,

roxas10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is really interesting I didnt know the Switch Clone Controller firmware could be upgraded?
I have a Splatoon style Switch Clone Controller that doesn't have NFC and cant turn on the Console but otherwise looks exactly the same as official.. The Controller has a weird Analog issue though where the stick will register the opposite direction if I hold the stick in one direction then let go (hard to explain) :P

So if I upgrade my Controller theres a chance this issue could be fixed?

What did you mean by this? resets the Controller?
So, the bouncing back analog, is a thing from hardware I guess, it happens to me too.

Resets the controller, it shuts the controller down if connected, the same as a ps4, ps3, etc...

In my case, this firmware update would be great to use the controller on my mobile phone, to play games as Brawlhalla, or emulators.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, the bouncing back analog, is a thing from hardware I guess, it happens to me too.

Resets the controller, it shuts the controller down if connected, the same as a ps4, ps3, etc...

In my case, this firmware update would be great to use the controller on my mobile phone, to play games as Brawlhalla, or emulators.
Hardware huh? that sucks, it's infuriating lol

Ahh I see thanks for the explanation :)

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hardware huh? that sucks, it's infuriating lol

Ahh I see thanks for the explanation :)

Yeah, that's totally hardware. I guess that this happens when potentiometers lose friction and spring becomes stronger than the rest of components. Smash Competitive Community has faced this problem for years and have designed capacitors that counteract the back feedback, allowing the controller to ignore those peaks of opposite direction inputs. You can have more information of this searching for "Snapback (capacitors) smash".

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's totally hardware. I guess that this happens when potentiometers lose friction and spring becomes stronger than the rest of components. Smash Competitive Community has faced this problem for years and have designed capacitors that counteract the back feedback, allowing the controller to ignore those peaks of opposite direction inputs. You can have more information of this searching for "Snapback (capacitors) smash".
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out :)

bepaqui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The latest update (12.0.3) seems to have broken both of my fake pro controllers in a way.
They would connect fine even in this version but after I unpaired them they are unable to be paired again on any switch I tested with latest FW.
They both work fine on my other switch that is on older (C)FW.
I tested them however on mine and a friend's switch running latest FW and they cannot be paired at all, one of them turns off and the other just stays in pairing mode.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Try it (if you dare, you might not be able to pair ever again it if you unpair it) and let me know if possible. Also do you think looking into updating their firmware (somehow) would be an option?

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The latest update (12.0.3) seems to have broken both of my fake pro controllers in a way.
They would connect fine even in this version but after I unpaired them they are unable to be paired again on any switch I tested with latest FW.
They both work fine on my other switch that is on older (C)FW.
I tested them however on mine and a friend's switch running latest FW and they cannot be paired at all, one of them turns off and the other just stays in pairing mode.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Try it (if you dare, you might not be able to pair ever again it if you unpair it) and let me know if possible. Also do you think looking into updating their firmware (somehow) would be an option?

Many people are recently having troubles with third party controllers with the new 12.0 update, 8bitdo is not excluded.
I desynchronized and tested 2 controllers of mine and both sync perfectly, so people with the common motherboard or similar seen in this thread shouldn't have any problems. My controllers both appeared here if anyone want to compare, one of them is the same as someone posted, the other I posted it myself.

Do you know your manufacturer (Ex: 8bitdo, PowerA) or if it have a similar motherboard to those seen here?. I recommend you to try sync it via usb, if not, in the first case, your manufacturer often release filmware updates (At least both I mentioned before. In Power A case, they are licensed, so sync must be possible).
In the second case, as far as we know, our controllers do not have any software support. People tried to update from console, but seems that doesn't do anything, so if it does not work in any way, well.... :hateit:

bepaqui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Many people are recently having troubles with third party controllers with the new 12.0 update, 8bitdo is not excluded.
I desynchronized and tested 2 controllers of mine and both sync perfectly, so people with the common motherboard or similar seen in this thread shouldn't have any problems. My controllers both appeared here if anyone want to compare, one of them is the same as someone posted, the other I posted it myself.

Do you know your manufacturer (Ex: 8bitdo, PowerA) or if it have a similar motherboard to those seen here?. I recommend you to try sync it via usb, if not, in the first case, your manufacturer often release filmware updates (At least both I mentioned before. In Power A case, they are licensed, so sync must be possible).
In the second case, as far as we know, our controllers do not have any software support. People tried to update from console, but seems that doesn't do anything, so if it does not work in any way, well.... :hateit:
Interesting... could it be just the two of mine? They're very different from each other (light pattern etc) but also from the ones shown here.. Syncing through USB doesn't work, they do work using USB but not wirelessly after that.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange no problems with my fake and New firmware of the switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1