Hacking Fake help

D

Deleted User

it might be fake, i have seen people with it before, i suggest you try the new r4i firmware (try the first link in google) it should work if not get a 6 dollar r4 from shop temp

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
It is a cheap flashcart because it is old, but this does not mean it is bad. Especially with the new Wood firmware, this is one of the best slot-1 carts you can buy. But if you are using a DSi, the DSi blocks out old R4 cards. I do not own a DSi, but i've heard Supercard DS 2's are one of the best chips (did I get the name right?)

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Jonas_o said:
Oveneise said:
Wow, sorry to hear this happened to you. Not to push more stuff to buy on you, but your best bet would be to forget about that piece of crap card you have, and buy a legitimate one from r4ds-ds.com. Its got free shipping, plus its only $5.95. (Link here) Out of curiosity, what is the site's URL you purchased off of? I'd like to warn others about this useless card. Also, does anyone know if his model would be compatible with WoodR4? That could maybe work.

r4_ds_0001_2__48428.jpg

if this is a real r4 and not fake then iam gonna buy it.. whay is it so cheap.. iknow a friend who bought a real r4 in sweden and it cost about 43USD

Actually, it looks real.

But.

The original R4's site was r4ds.cn, nor r4ds-ds.com

You can no longer purchase a real, genuine R4, although you can buy perfect 1:1 clones, i.e. they can run Wood firmwares

Try a DS2 or an Ak2i

Yes, I know r4ds-ds.com is not the official site, its just a retail supplier. And indeed r4ds.cn is the official site.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
cardchart.gif
  • DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Did you really yank "Bypass AP" For "Clean Mode" on this silly little chart?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO's Anti-Anti-Piracy (AAP) is NOT the same thing as the DSTwo's "clean mode".

DSTwo has Clean Mode. This enables new games at the cost of soft-reset and cheats and in-game menus.
AKAIO has AAP. This is just a new type of AP fixing, it will NOT work on all games, it's currently a little buggy, and it still allows soft-reset and cheats.

Normmatt said:
Its an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
[...]
It will solve the standard read below 8000h checks that are coming out recently
The AP it bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on games" that Nintendo came up with, that's why it's working on new titles. It's not something that can be done on "weaker" carts, it was mentioned the R4 is not capable of it properly, that's why Wood doesn't have that option and is patching the individual games as they come out.

The DSTwo's Clean Mode makes more games play because it's an all-around method, whereas AKAIO's AAP is focused on one specific type of AP, however it's focus is the AP that new games RIGHT NOW are coming out with, which is why it's playing the same new games as the DSTwo.

It can currently break single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the AAP option on the screen once it's fixed up properly.

Clean Mode (DSTwo) and AAP (AKAIO/Acekard) are not like Coke and Pepsi. They're like Coke and Iced Tea. They are not the same thing. I'm not saying "they're not the same" for some stupid pedantic political shit, I'm saying they're not the same thing because they're really not the same thing, outside of the fact that both are meant to allow new games to run.

I've posted this info like 800 fucking times but people still keep saying the AKAIO should have an O in there as well, so I changed the label's name in the hopes that people would stop saying it and I'd stop having to fucking post this info which I've posted a ton of times already INCLUDING ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE AKAIO RELEASE THREAD WHERE IT GOT THE DAMN FEATURE.

I'm not even kidding, I'll say that about 50% of the time I post that chart, I have to follow it up with this explanation.

I have the actual chart document saved (I've made multiple changes to it so far), it's not that I don't want to change it, IT'S THAT THE CHANGE PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING IS INCORRECT.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
AKAIO's Anti-Anti-Piracy (AAP) is NOT the same thing as the DSTwo's "clean mode".

DSTwo has Clean Mode. This enables new games at the cost of soft-reset and cheats and in-game menus.
AKAIO has AAP. This is just a new type of AP fixing, it will NOT work on all games, it's currently a little buggy, and it still allows soft-reset and cheats.

Normmatt said:
Its an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
[...]
The AP it bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on games" that Nintendo came up with, that's why it's working on new titles. It's not something that can be done on "weaker" carts, it was mentioned the R4 is not capable of it properly, that's why Wood doesn't have that option and is patching the individual games as they come out.

The DSTwo's Clean Mode makes more games play because it's an all-around method, whereas AKAIO's AAP is focused on one specific type of AP, however it's focus is the AP that new games RIGHT NOW are coming out with, which is why it's playing the same new games as the DSTwo.

It can currently break single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the AAP option on the screen once it's fixed up properly.

Clean Mode (DSTwo) and AAP (AKAIO/Acekard) are not like Coke and Pepsi. They're like Coke and Iced Tea. They are not the same thing. I'm not saying "they're not the same" for some stupid pedantic political shit, I'm saying they're not the same thing because they're really not the same thing, outside of the fact that both are meant to allow new games to run.

I've posted this info like 800 fucking times but people still keep saying the AKAIO should have an O in there as well, so I changed the label's name in the hopes that people would stop saying it and I'd stop having to fucking post this info which I've posted a ton of times already INCLUDING ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE AKAIO RELEASE THREAD WHERE IT GOT THE DAMN FEATURE.

I'm not even kidding, I'll say that about 50% of the time I post that chart, I have to follow it up with this explanation.

I have the actual chart document saved (I've made multiple changes to it so far), it's not that I don't want to change it, IT'S THAT THE CHANGE PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING IS INCORRECT.

81173959.png

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

Normmatt said:
[...]

It just seems like you're favoring the DSTwo with the chart.
I'm not saying you ARE, but it kind of gives off that vibe, especially when you rage like you do (and boy, have you raged!) when people bring up AKAIO's AAP, not to mention the exclusion of AKAIO's AAP feature.
IMO, AKAIO's AAP has already proved itself since it's inclusion and on top of that, it allows cheats (for either actual cheat purposes or for other AP fixes/bypasses) which as far as I know 'Clean Mode' does not.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
It just seems like you're favoring the DSTwo with the chart.If I wanted to favor the DSTwo here's the changes I would make.

1 - Remove WiFi update entirely since it doesn't update the loaders for new games, removing a point the AK2i has on the DSTwo.
2 - Split the "special homebrew" into like 4 columns (GBA/SNES/Media/Documents), giving the DStwo three more points over the Ak2i.
3 - Remove the "battery life" info since the change is only really noticeable when running the CPU on 4/5, taking away the other point anything else has on the DSTwo.

Instead I'm trying to be as fair as possible, considering my cart's an A2ki.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Dec 6 2010, 12:54 AM) I'm not saying you ARE, but it kind of gives off that vibe, especially when you rage like you do (and boy, have you raged!) when people bring up AKAIO's AAP, not to mention the exclusion of AKAIO's AAP feature.
IMO, AKAIO's AAP has already proved itself since it's inclusion and on top of that, it allows cheats (for either actual cheat purposes or for other AP fixes/bypasses) which as far as I know 'Clean Mode' does not.
AAP only bypasses this specific type of DRM. While AKAIO is moving towards attempts like this to bypass AP entirely steps at a time, progress is not too fast (and slightly buggy) and I don't want to tell people it's the same thing before it's even finished, lest they find newer games that use a different AP scheme don't work and bitch about it.

I actually am raging because of how often I need to post it, even though I literally did post it (including quotes from Normmatt) on the first page of the AKAIO release thread where the feature came out in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o