Hacking Question Failed Update to 8.0.1

schwummelwummel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

i tried to update my Switch to Version 8.0.1 from 6.2 yesterday to play Luigis Mansion 3.
I tried doing it with ChoiDujourNX on Hekate 4.5.

I used the "ExFat"-Version i guess. The problem now is that the update failed and my Switch won't go further than the Nintendo or Atmosphere logo. After that it just turns to a black screen.

For information:
I updated to Hekate 5.0.2 now and am using the newest Atmosphere-Version.
I tried using the downgrade-Method from switch.homebrew but can't continue at a certain point, because with version 6.2 you cant create your own keys.txt file.
Then i downloaded a keys.txt file and tried to use it with ChoiDujour and Firmware 6.2 and 6.1 but in both cases an error "Failed to Match key ".....", (value "....") happens...

I'm out of clues what i could do else. My Fusecount is at 8, what should be normal for FW 6.2

I hope anyone can help me out :) or is my switch bricked?

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me too, it's a permissions issue with ChoiDujourNX, which is really outdated software now and is incredibly risky to update with, I encountered a few other people who had this problem as well in the ReSwitched discord.

You can fix this though, provided you have a NAND backup, just restore it and you should be good to go. If you ever need to update again, I suggest doing it the official method or backing up your NAND before using ChoiDujourNX as you always have the risk of bricking using that app.

Last edited by whateverg1012,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Your Switch is fine if you can see the Atmosphere logo.

In my case it turned out to be something with Atmosphere for my 6.2 firmware.
Removing all the old folders and files (except the Nintendo folder) and
starting over with a clean install of the latest Atmosphere (and some sigpatches) fixed it.

I have been using ChoiDujourNX several times to upgrade the FW but never encountered any problems with it so far.

Last edited by thesjaakspoiler,

schwummelwummel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your answers, I’ll try it this evening.

For the NAND-Backup, I do have one but afaik it’s older than my last FW (6.2) Version and is a backup from pre-jailbreak. This won’t work because of my burnt fuses right?

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got a custom theme? They always need to be removed before upgrading
Tryed just pushing the fuse primary payload then Hekate?

I'm on 9.0 and have to push fuse primary as it just loops back to Hekate

Last edited by chippy,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers, I’ll try it this evening.

For the NAND-Backup, I do have one but afaik it’s older than my last FW (6.2) Version and is a backup from pre-jailbreak. This won’t work because of my burnt fuses right?
While you probably don't need to restore your NAND backup, you can still do so if nothing else solves your problem. Since there will be a fuse count mismatch, your Switch will just refuse to boot unless you use a custom bootloader like fusee-primary or Hekate. You can then update your Switch to the correct version so it can boot on its own.

schwummelwummel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i deleted everything from my SD-Card but the Nintendo folder.

Then put Atmosphere back on, tried to start it up with Hekate and fusee-primary. Both didnt work. What else could i try besides a NAND backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)