Hardware Failed to apply 1 FIRM patches ( i already put the latest boot file in my folder! )

Goos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As you can see i have already put the latest boot file in my SD card. And it works!

But sometimes it still gives me this error when i turn my 3DS on. Its annoying.

Can someone tell me what I need to do so this error will never happen?

And without a SD card the error will always be there. Can someone also tell me how this will be fixed without SD card?

Attachments

• 20180925_085543.jpg
    20180925_085543.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 290

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see i have already put the latest boot file in my SD card. And it works!

But sometimes it still gives me this error when i turn my 3DS on. Its annoying.

Can someone tell me what I need to do so this error will never happen?

And without a SD card the error will always be there. Can someone also tell me how this will be fixed without SD card?
Your SD card is probably faulty, it's probably trying to boot from CTRNAND, and you probably didn't update your "boot file" on your CTRNAND, so it's giving you that error. I'd take out the SD card, copy over all contents to your computer, then test it with h2testw. It will reformat your entire SD card, so make sure to back everything up first! If it comes back without any errors, then your SD card slot might be dirty, the contacts on your card may be dirty, your card might be coming loose for some reason, etc.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did do this. Still gives me the error
You only followed a part of it.

8. Delete the boot9strap folder and the SafeB9SInstaller.firm on the SD card. Check the luma/screenshots folder and remove any *.bmp pictures you have. Also delete the luma/dumps that contains your crash logs.
  • This step is recommended in having a less clustered CTRNAND setup.
9. Restart your 3DS and hold (Start) to go into GodMode9.
10. Press (HOME) > Scripts... > GM9Megascript > Scripts from Phailect's Guide > Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND > bunch of combo presses.
11. To verify that your CTRNAND is updated, turn off your 3DS, remove your SD card, and hold (Select) when turning on your 3DS.​

If you were greeted with Luma3DS v9.1 configuration in the top screen, your custom firmware is now on the latest and greatest. You can now go figure out how to mess with fastboot3DS if you feel like it.

I'm inclined to believed you skip these steps.

Thanks for confirming what I said. Not sure why everyone is skipping it.
I think the moment someone sees their 3DS working again after only replacing the boot.firm on the SD card, they think feel it's good enough for them, and they don't care anymore about whatever the hell is CTRNAND.

It seems like sometimes your 3ds won't boot from sd to me.
Maybe a bad SD reader. Another possibility is a bad SD card. I hope he's not still using his fake one pointed out in the other thread.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only followed a part of it.

I'm inclined to believed you skip these steps.

I think the moment someone sees their 3DS working again after only replacing the boot.firm on the SD card, they think feel it's good enough for them, and they don't care anymore about whatever the hell is CTRNAND.

Maybe a bad SD reader. Another possibility is a bad SD card. I hope he's not still using his fake one pointed out in the other thread.
Ditto to what you said. And since OP said it sometimes boots fine and sometimes gives that error, it's obvious that the SD card is not being read properly every time, and that sometimes it's booting from CTRNAND which clearly wasn't updated. So I definitely agree with OP going over exactly what you said in your post, but I still want to emphasize the possibility of a faulty SD card and to test the SD card once his CTRNAND is updated. Because as soon as it boots from CTRNAND the first time and OP doesn't seen their games, they'll just come and create another thread.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill