Failed to apply 1 FIRM patches ( i already put the latest boot file in my folder! )

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Goos, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Goos
    OP

Goos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Netherlands
    ÜT: 51.894746,4.491589
    As you can see i have already put the latest boot file in my SD card. And it works!

But sometimes it still gives me this error when i turn my 3DS on. Its annoying.

Can someone tell me what I need to do so this error will never happen?

And without a SD card the error will always be there. Can someone also tell me how this will be fixed without SD card?

Attached Files:

2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Your SD card is probably faulty, it's probably trying to boot from CTRNAND, and you probably didn't update your "boot file" on your CTRNAND, so it's giving you that error. I'd take out the SD card, copy over all contents to your computer, then test it with h2testw. It will reformat your entire SD card, so make sure to back everything up first! If it comes back without any errors, then your SD card slot might be dirty, the contacts on your card may be dirty, your card might be coming loose for some reason, etc.

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    you sure it's 9.1?
    Hold select (or start, I am still confused) on boot to boot to luma config and tell us what version is there.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Sep 25, 2018
  4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I told him to update his custom firmware from this thread here. He skipped the steps that covers the CTRNAND...

5. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It seems like sometimes your 3ds won't boot from sd to me.

6. Goos
    OP

Goos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Netherlands
    I did do this. Still gives me the error

7. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    boot without SD to luma config.
    Then boot with SD to luma config (multiple times, so that we can eliminate that the SD is sometimes unmounted).
    Tell us the versions.

8. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for confirming what I said. Not sure why everyone is skipping it.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  9. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    you put the new boot.firm to your CTRNAND and it still gives you this error?

10. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You only followed a part of it.

I'm inclined to believed you skip these steps.

I think the moment someone sees their 3DS working again after only replacing the boot.firm on the SD card, they think feel it's good enough for them, and they don't care anymore about whatever the hell is CTRNAND.

Maybe a bad SD reader. Another possibility is a bad SD card. I hope he's not still using his fake one pointed out in the other thread.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  11. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Ditto to what you said. And since OP said it sometimes boots fine and sometimes gives that error, it's obvious that the SD card is not being read properly every time, and that sometimes it's booting from CTRNAND which clearly wasn't updated. So I definitely agree with OP going over exactly what you said in your post, but I still want to emphasize the possibility of a faulty SD card and to test the SD card once his CTRNAND is updated. Because as soon as it boots from CTRNAND the first time and OP doesn't seen their games, they'll just come and create another thread.

12. Goos
    OP

Goos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Netherlands
    Thanks Poo. I missed those steps jndeed. It works now!