Facetime not working on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Gullwing, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    Greece
    Behind You
    I have an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 (jailbroken). While I succesfully activated FaceTime on my device, whenever I try to call an iPhone 4/4S owner I always get 'FaceTime failed'. I had a person FaceTime me with his iPhone 4S and he said that it was dialing correctly but I never got a call. I restarted my device (both soft and hard reset), restarted my router but I had no luck. For the record, my iPhone has been bought on Greece (also my current residence) but I have signed in from my American Apple ID. I thought this may have been the reason for my issue so I went to Settings>Facetime>Apple ID and changed the location to Greece. Still, no luck! I also tried adding "8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4" on my network's DNS but it still didn't work. Help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

2. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I remember last time when I was in Cydia I saw this package which actually disables FaceTime. Did you use that?

Was your partner on Wi-Fi? FaceTime only works via Wi-Fi from an iPhone 4 and I am not sure if your partner (if he/she is using a 4S) needs to be on Wi-Fi as well. Go and try it out.

3. snikerz

snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    Lesotho
    Jailbroken iPhones tend to develop strange bugs. Just upgrade to iOS6 and it should work.

4. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    He will lose his jailbreak and Google Maps.

5. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    If either of you use using Verizon DSL as your ISP
    They block FaceTime over wifi.

6. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Get 3g Unrestrictor off Cydia, set facetime on it and try again then, if it works then its a problem with your Wifi

(3g unrestrictor basically tricks programs that apparently need wifi to think they're on wifi when there actually on 3g)

7. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    Greece
    Behind You
    My Facetime was connected on his WiFi network both when he called me and when I tried to call him back. I'll update to iOS 6 when an untethered jailbreak will come out. :P I don't care for Google maps that much but Apple went full retard with maps. I'll try over 3G with 3G Unrestrictor. If it works, there's an issue with my WiFi network. Thanks! :)

8. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    Greece
    Behind You
    UPDATE: Nooope, I'm on 3G with 3G unrestrictor and I still can't Facetime :(

9. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Why would they do that? It's about as fucken dumb as AT&T blocking FaceTime over cellular unless you are in a family share plan.

10. BORTZ

BORTZ Neighborhood Friendly

Global Moderator
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Because cell phone companies are realizing just how big of a vice they have around your balls and have become greedy cock gobblers.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Set your system clock, if your clock is off it doesnt let you use facetime, gives a weird error like that.

12. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I do conur whole heartedly with that statement.

1 person likes this.
  13. BORTZ

BORTZ Neighborhood Friendly

Global Moderator
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I just wanted to use the insult "cock gobbler"