OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fable-2-knothole-island-snow-490px.jpg
QUOTE said:
Those who have uncovered every treasure, bludgeoned every bandit and cracked every wisecracking gargoyle in Albion will be pleased to note that Fable 2's Knothole Island add-on (800), initially delayed due to technical issues, is now scheduled to arrive on Xbox Live Marketplace next Tuesday, January 13th. The downloadable detour will add an isle's worth of quests, items and specialty shops for you to uncover and / or fart at.

Lionhead's community blog notes that January 13th will also bring a free title update which fans -- and Oakfield's abbot -- have been eagerly awaiting. You can look forward to new items, clothing and leaderboards being patched in along with the, uh, patch.

[Gallery]
[Source]

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this, extremely excited, but this should have been in the game to begin with. Fable II was an incomplete experience that ended on about 15 cliffhangers that might as well have said outright: "We're going to release the rest of the story that should have been in the game to begin with, but as pay-only DLC!".

What was in the game was great, what this offers will likely be as well, but I still feel like I'm paying for something that should have been part of the original package.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this, extremely excited, but this should have been in the game to begin with. Fable II was an incomplete experience that ended on about 15 cliffhangers that might as well have said outright: "We're going to release the rest of the story that should have been in the game to begin with, but as pay-only DLC!".

What was in the game was great, what this offers will likely be as well, but I still feel like I'm paying for something that should have been part of the original package.
Are you honestly surprised though? I mean, look at the Sims series just for starters. Sims 2, then its seven expansions and eight "items" packages. I talked with a friend about this, and we came up with a grand total of around $430 for everything Sims 2, sans tax of course. That much for "one" game? Holy shit!

I'm sure many other companies are looking at this and stroking their chins. "Say, we can make more than $50 per game now, can't we? Let's nickel and dime those poor bastards!" And it's working, too. People are certainly paying for this stuff, aren't they?

I don't have a problem with DLC as a whole. Free DLC is nice, great, should be in more games. Pay DLC isn't bad as long as it's actual new content, and the prices are easy to swallow. Pay-for-on-disc DLC is the worst. Paying more for content you should already be allowed to access? That's lame, and unfortunately, people go for it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night