Fable 2's Knothole Island add-on coming Jan. 13

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Prime, Jan 8, 2009.

Jan 8, 2009
  1. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    United Kingdom
  2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Apr 17, 2003
    Wassamatta U
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this, extremely excited, but this should have been in the game to begin with. Fable II was an incomplete experience that ended on about 15 cliffhangers that might as well have said outright: "We're going to release the rest of the story that should have been in the game to begin with, but as pay-only DLC!".

What was in the game was great, what this offers will likely be as well, but I still feel like I'm paying for something that should have been part of the original package.
  3. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    Are you honestly surprised though? I mean, look at the Sims series just for starters. Sims 2, then its seven expansions and eight "items" packages. I talked with a friend about this, and we came up with a grand total of around $430 for everything Sims 2, sans tax of course. That much for "one" game? Holy shit!

I'm sure many other companies are looking at this and stroking their chins. "Say, we can make more than $50 per game now, can't we? Let's nickel and dime those poor bastards!" And it's working, too. People are certainly paying for this stuff, aren't they?

I don't have a problem with DLC as a whole. Free DLC is nice, great, should be in more games. Pay DLC isn't bad as long as it's actual new content, and the prices are easy to swallow. Pay-for-on-disc DLC is the worst. Paying more for content you should already be allowed to access? That's lame, and unfortunately, people go for it too.