Hacking F-Zero GX Issue

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched for this all over the net, but I have found nothing. So here it goes...

If I try to play F-Zero GX on my Wii... the game works just fine, no problems. However, there is one issue. The game normally lets you build custom machines. In this mode, you can combine an engine, body, and cockpit to build your vehicle, then you can paint it, and apply emblems. It sounds like a cool system. Unfortunately, on my Wii, the game will not display the cockpit and engine once saved. When building the machine, the cockpit and engine can be viewed upon the vehicle, but once saved, they simply vanish, leaving a bare body left. If I try to color the invisible pieces, the game will actually save the colors and names of the parts into the save, but the parts will still not be displayed. If I try placing emblems on the cockpit or engine, the game crashes. Oddly enough, I can actually race these bare machines. It becomes quite humorous as the pilot sits on top with no cockpit to protect him. However, the game seems to act as if the parts are actually not placed on the vehicle, causing the stats of the machine to be horrible. They will hardly be able to turn and will go quite slow compared to standard machines. Obviously, the game is not supposed to act this way.
hate2.gif

I am running a 3.2U Wii with v4 MIOS with a 1.9s Wiikey. The game is a backup NTSC-U. I tried updating the MIOS to v8, but that did not fix the problem. I tried booting the game through GCOS, but that did not help. Booting the game through GeckoOS 1.06f01 simply throws a "Memory Card Corrupt" error. Creating a new save file on another memory card does not fix the issue.My only guess is that the game is a bad rip (it was ripped by Starcube). Unfortunately, I lost my legit copy of the game, so I can't rerip it myself to see if that is the problem. At this point, I'm wondering if rebuying the game will even solve the problem.

If anyone has ever heard about this issue and/or knows how to fix it, let me know. I'm open to any suggestions
unsure.gif

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That happens everywhere you put that backup on, I guess its a bad dump. It happened to me back on gc with diff modchips and its still present in Wii consoles
unsure.gif

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sachka said:
That happens everywhere you put that backup on, I guess its a bad dump. It happened to me back on gc with diff modchips and its still present in Wii consoles
unsure.gif

Hmm... thanks for the incite. So the legit version of the game doesn't have this glitch then, correct? And just out of curiosity, has anyone self-dumped the game and got the custom machines to work?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i have an original of the game for NTSC ill try it out bro
wink.gif

works fine with original and backup actually! even erased my saves and made new ones with backup disc and it worked! (using dvd-r sony brand burned w/ IMGburn at 3x)

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
i have an original of the game for NTSC ill try it out bro
wink.gif

works fine with original and backup actually! even erased my saves and made new ones with backup disc and it worked! (using dvd-r sony brand burned w/ IMGburn at 3x)

Thanks for the info. It must be just a bad rip. I guess I'll have to look for another distribution, or I'll run out and rebuy the game.

So to all who are wondering, don't download the Starcube rip of this game if you want to use custom machines!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I just encountered this problem recently
frown.gif

I'm going to try and find a good dump.

EDIT: Found a good dump, all is working perfect now! Don't get the starcube release it sucks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.