Hacking EZV 3 in 1 is not seen

ljackass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just bought a EZ V slot 1 and an EZ V 3 in 1. The slot one works fine. However, the 3 in 1 seems to not be detected by my ds. On the start up screen, I see the ez flash slot once card, but the slot 2 box says no GBA cart inserted. I saw on EZFLASH website that you need to turn on GBAlink before you start the browser. The site however does not say how to do this. I even used the GBAlder program to see if that would help, but it said there is no 3 in 1 in my DS.

Basically, should the 3 in 1 be plug and play, or do I need to turn it on somehow? Thanks for any help.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
It detects whatever's written in the header, which is a part of NOR flash.
If you write a GBA binary to it, it will be detected as any GBA game would, if it's empty, it will say 'No GBA game inserted' and if it's anything else (for example, I flashed the FlashME binary there) it will report as a "DS Option Pak".
smile.gif

ljackass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help all. I kinda figured if I had nothing loaded on it, it would show up as no gamepak, but the problem was once I loaded up EZ Flash off of slot one, it did not see the expansion cart or write to it.

After loking at it, it seemed the finger contacts on the 3 in 1 were not making complete contact with the slot two contacts. I just took the cart apart, reseated it and tried again. Turned on the DS, loaded up EZFLASH and saw the GBAlink button on the main menu. Threw on KH:CoM and my save file and all is working.

Again thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.