Ezflash Omega no longer boots game "Make Save Error"

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Sasori, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Sasori
    OP

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I was playing through a Romhack of Pokemon Emerald, and went to change the batteries in my GBA..however upon the next boot I am unable to load the game any longer as it results in an "Make Save error" message like my save file is no longer there.

I waited a good 30 seconds before shutting down the system after the in game save, so I don't think I shut down prematurely.

How would one go about fixing this? This error is preventing me from launching any/all games.

Last edited by Sasori, Apr 21, 2019
    Blasingame likes this.
  2. Blasingame

Blasingame GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2009
    United States
    Not sure if this related, but I am getting some bugs myself.

My Metroid Fusion sav became unreadable. At one minute I was playing powered down the console, came back, booted up the console, booted the game and my save data in the game was gone. I took out my SD card and checked the .sav file to see if it was corrupted so I loaded it in retropie and it worked great. I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue.

Setup:
    AGB-001 (backlit mod)
    EZflash Omega
    FW: 7
    K: 1.06
    EMtec 16GB MicroSD

Edit: tried to load up SMB4 and got a white screen,

How can i send logs?

Sasori likes this.
  3. Sasori
    OP

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Your experience is very similar to mine!

A lot of this can be avoided if the ezflash just makes and keeps a backup file at all times I think.

4. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    we 'd changed the error messages to readable texts instead the error code in the recent update.

your issue seems which your sd card needs a chkdsk. backup your save file if possible.

5. Sasori
    OP

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    My Saves where just wiped a second time

Same error as in the OP. Except this time when inserting the SD card into my PC the "Saver' Folder is completely empty now...

6. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    Yes,you have to scan your sd card, if your saver folder has been fixed with a saver file, you will lost all your save file, that's why I suggest backup file before scan.

once the "Saver" file sustain. the system can not create a Saver folder and can not create any save file.

7. Sasori
    OP

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    The files where gone before I did a chkdisk scan

All I did was put the SD card in my PC and open the folder to backup whatever was there, but found it empty