EZFLASH Omega Definitive Edition

Eternity`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so I gotten myself an ezflash omega de. And was wondering a few things..

first the clock in the cart menu doesnt work. I set the time and whenever I shut my gba sp off it stays at that time.

when I press select while starting the card and get into safemode then sometimes I get a read s98 Id error!!!!

And always when i go into safemode and boot from there. Whenever i boot a rom with addon the screen stays white. This seems like a software bug?

I am running the latest firmware and kernel. And have replaced the battery with a new one.

Anyways. Thanx in advance

Last edited by Eternity`,

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I believe you pressed the "set" button (without which the time won't be stored), right? Sorry for my stupid question. I have a relatively old version (fw. 4, kernel 1.03), but the clock runs smoothly with little drift.

Eternity`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that some retailers have other designs for some reason. It should be fine as long as everything works as I'm not aware of any omega de clones with feature parity
The ezode is the only one they produce right now. So others might have old stock but there's only 2 revisions
Post automatically merged:

I believe you pressed the "set" button (without which the time won't be stored), right? Sorry for my stupid question. I have a relatively old version (fw. 4, kernel 1.03), but the clock runs smoothly with little drift.
Yeah I did. It does run when the gba is on. But stops when I shut it off. Replaced the battery inside twice so don't think that is the problem.

Last edited by Eternity`,

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
This wide range of problems is caused by a number of factors.

1. Bad soldering.
2. Bad pin contact.
3. Faulty internal firmware, it has dual firmware.
4. The problem with the chip itself.

I have a bad NOR on the S98 chip of my OMEGA DE
I didn't care much because PSRAM is normal.

It was normal when I got one more OMEGA DE.
but it uses an old chip, so it's not weird to die anytime.

gba mini from krikzz has much better build quality.
If I were you, I'd try to exchange it.
If it is impossible, I will try reflow or reball.

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
The ezode is the only one they produce right now. So others might have old stock but there's only 2 revisions
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I did. It does run when the gba is on. But stops when I shut it off. Replaced the battery inside twice so don't think that is the problem.
I had a bad luck buying a EZ Flash Omega (not DE version) clone. It did cost me around $50... I was able to run it only once then it just died. Later, I was lucky to obtain an original (I guess) DE version which at least works. This one was around $90 or so. So there is (still) a chance that the DE version you've bought just faulty. Or, maybe, needs re-flashing. You need to talk to @EZ-Flash2, maybe they could help you with your question.

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Well, I didn't follow recent trends about this, but I see that this thread is still more or less alive so it is worth trying to ask there...

Last edited by k0walski,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch