Hacking EZflash 3-in-1 working with DSTT??

rickth64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the EZflash 3-in-1 card work with the DSTT? I only need the memory expansion and the rumble pack. If not, who knows a good alternative? It's kinda confusing because sometimes they say it doesn't an sometime's they say it does:P And i read something about rudolph's tool, you need it to work with the DSTT ?:S

Joe Schmoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT card with the EZFlash 3 in 1. It works fine. You need a file called GBAEXLoader. All you do is copy this to your DSTT. Put your GBA games (or whatever), in a folder. Than, to play the games, just select GBA_EXploader.nds. It will take you to a new menu where you can select whether to load the game into PSRAM (quicker), or load into NOR memory. That's it! Also works for the OperaDS browser. Unfortunately, the browser itself isn't very good and not something I can see myself using, but it does work. The rumble pack also works (I tried it with Metroid Prime Pinball). Didn't like it and never used it again, but it definitely worked.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu also supports the EZ 3in1 if I'm not mistaken. I believe it will load the browser and GBA games without using a loader like GBA ExpLoader, but I don't think GBA games save properly yet. YSMenu also has settings for changing the intensity of the rumble on a per-game basis.

Note that rumble isn't as great as it sounds. 1) only a few games support it, 2) it eats up battery, and 3) the 3in1's rumble is particularly noisy and not very "rumbly."

An alternative to the EZ 3in1 would be the eWin 2in1 (it doesn't have built-in rumble, but you can get a separate eWin rumble for dirt cheap that is supposedly a bit better than the 3in1 rumble). The eWin 2in1 is cheaper than the EZ 3in1 and also has more memory for the browser if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and an "eWin" icon shows up in TTMenu if you have the eWin 2in1 inserted (the icon doesn't do anything though).

-Bri

rickth64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks guys, i'm going to buy it now
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum