Hacking EZFlash 3 in 1 save problems

Pandas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing megaman for a while and I have always saved and the saves were always successful. But today I played Pokemon Fire Red and I saved after about 10 mins of gameplay. I tried to go back to megaman but there is no continue! There is only new game. I have used the AKAIO EZFlash support not the GBAExploader or anything like that. What can I do to get back my megaman save back?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Technically FireRed is not compatible with AKAIO's built in EZ Flash support so they ask us to use GBAExploader which causes freezes under AKAIO. In order to fix those freezes you need to use the Official FW's ak2_sd.dldi instead of AKAIO's. You'd need to then convert all your saves using this save converter. Once you've ran GBAExploader at least once, it will create a GBA_SAVES folder and you need to place your converted saves there.

You'll have to use the Megaman save that was last written to the MicroSD.

Pandas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However my EZFlash's battery is at about .95V so it is a little low. I do plan on changing it later though. Could this the problem?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pandas said:
However my EZFlash's battery is at about .95V so it is a little low. I do plan on changing it later though. Could this the problem?
Possibly. If you can't access saves with any game then the battery is at fault. if its only for a certain amount then there is a compatibility problem.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Technically FireRed is not compatible with AKAIO's built in EZ Flash support so they ask us to use GBAExploader which causes freezes under AKAIO. In order to fix those freezes you need to use the Official FW's ak2_sd.dldi instead of AKAIO's. You'd need to then convert all your saves using this save converter. Once you've ran GBAExploader at least once, it will create a GBA_SAVES folder and you need to place your converted saves there.

Would using official ak2_sd.dldi in AKAIO have any disadvantage? Sorry for rather irrelevant question.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hakoda said:

All of the GBA save bugs that were reported were fixed in 1.7.1 including the pokemon games.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Hakoda said:

All of the GBA save bugs that were reported were fixed in 1.7.1 including the pokemon games.

Really? Firered still tells me that my save is deleted after I've played through. Emerald states that the save file has been erased due to corruption. I'm on AKAIO 1.7.1 with my AK2.1. Both are flawless on GBAExploader so the battery is not at fault.

tomrev said:
QUOTE(Hakoda @ Jul 28 2010, 04:58 AM)

Would using official ak2_sd.dldi in AKAIO have any disadvantage? Sorry for rather irrelevant question.
No, thats just the file that AKAIO uses to auto-dldi patch homebrew. Most say that it improves homebrew compatibility, but not by much.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
Thanks for your answer Hakoda.
No problem
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?