EZ4 guide

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by danweb, Dec 3, 2010.

Dec 3, 2010

EZ4 guide by danweb at 10:52 AM (1,412 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. danweb
    OP

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Sorry to ask such an annoying question but i can't seem to find any guide for setting up my EZ4 that gives me the info that i need. Could someone please send me a link to a guide (preferably one on gbatemp) and tell me if the EZ4 client puts firmware on my miniSD or not and if not, where i can find the firmware to put on manually. Thanks.

DanWeb

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The EZ4 firmware is written eventually to a bit of internal memory- the ezfla_up.bin file is what you copy to the ?SD and then you hold R when it powers up (from here everything is on screen). You still need the miniSD in there afterwards as it moans if it can not find one (and the saver directories) but as long as you have the required directories then you do not need any kernel/loader files on the ?SD.
    You will however have to "update" if you decide to change the skins.
    After you have done this though you can delete the ezfla_up.bin file.

I do have an EZ4 revisited review in the works that will be covering all this but I got sidetracked by the iSMM stuff.

Edit: Aside from the skinning stuff there is a pack of all things you might want for the EZ4
    http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

3. danweb
    OP

Australia
    Thanks a heap. Also making sure that this will work on a GB Micro and i have no DS with gba slot

4. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    It works fine w/ as a GBA flash cart in a GBA or DS... Just remember to patch your games w/ the client software before sticking them on your SD.

5. danweb
    OP

Australia
    thanks,

also just wondering what happens if i don't use the client. I will use it, but i'm just curious. [​IMG]

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You can patch with other tools as well (GBA patching is actually very simple if you have access to a device a bit more higher powered than a GBA) but it seems to vary. Some roms will whitescreen while others will just error out on saving (a select few SRAM type roms might even work).

7. danweb
    OP

Australia
    thanks for all your help. Srory to split my questions up onto separate posts but i thought of a new question each time.

Thanks again

8. Gand

Newcomer Gand Member

Spain
    FAST6191, are you still working in the EZ4 guide? No request, just wanting to know.

Thanks in advance!