Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

EZ-V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack Review

GBA, RAM, Rumble

The EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack adds a lot of functionality to the slot-1 card. It is a great solution to bring GBA support to the slot-1 scene, along with adjustable rumble and RAM functionality which both have homebrew potential.

GBAtemp's EZ-Flash V review has been updated with information on the 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. Five additional videos and pictures help illustrate if this is the product for you. The Expansion Pack combined with a few new features and bug fixes rolled out by the EZTeam have increased the EZ-Flash V's score. To see how things stack up check out the review below!

icon11.gif
3-in-1 Expansion Pack Review

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
"The 3-in-1 Expansion Pack is included in the EZ-Flash V Bundle Pack for a little extra than just the EZ-V itself, but I’m happy to say that it’s worth the money."

How much money exactly? Cause I haven't seen it on the shops sites yet...
unsure.gif

Looks pretty awesome though, to bad I've bought an AceKard already.
shy.gif

Ow and @"It would be nice if in the future you were allowed to write multiple games to the 256mbit of space."
I think they only allow one game to keep the NDS-GBA linkage support, I think that when you put multiple games on it, the games don't get recognized anymore from the DS game...

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also from the video I draw this conclusion:

The EZ V's full rumble will be my secret world domination weapon!

Cross my path and I will SHAKE DOWN YOUR HOUSE AND YOUR LOVED ONES!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
64,95 € for the complete bundle pack at shop.01media. Not sure about elsewhere though.

It really is a nifty addition for the price, think of all the hardware crammed into that little thing. 256mbit Norflash, 2m Sram, battery, RAM, rumble....

Time to retire the old EZ-Flash 3 methinks.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah the M3 DS Real. I think its going to work the same exact way, you know, Slot-1 card, slot 2 expansion card with 32MB NOR flash etc. We should here more about this week with it being Chinese New Year. If not this week then next. Anyway, whatever comes out first I'm picking up. EZ-V 3-in-1 or M3 DS Real... who will it be.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Then why don't you just buy a 2GB micro SD card and put all your roms on that. It should be enough to hold a good collection of DS roms and GBA roms. 2 Minutes is too much time to transfer a rom?

MKayZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mkayz.net
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am just wondering... about the expansion pack shell, i saw in cory1492 picture on the orginal announcement that there is a white slot 2 sized shell in that pic, not sure if its a replacement case? can anyone confirm?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When there comes a expansionpack with micro sd slots, i'll buy. The 1-GBAgame limitation for now suck.

Get a SuperCard Rumble, if that even supports GBA...

Having GBA ROMS stored on a Transflash card defeats the purpose. You'd run into huge compatibility issues unless you copied them to NOR or NAND flash memory, which is what happens with this unit.

Get a second transflash card and just carry it in your DS carry case or something. Since most people (not on GBAtemp) carry around multiple game carts to begin with, this is something you should be willing to do if you absolutely need it.

I suppose you could cut part of the plastic on the expansion pack and use it as a transflash storage compartment with no functionality...

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Color me very unimpressed and highly suspicious of the 9/10 review rating.

The best combination as of yet remains the R4 + EZ IV Deluxe Lite from Winsunx.com for $94 shipped 2-3 day.

QUOTE said:
Get a SuperCard Rumble, if that even supports GBA...

Supercard has crappy GBA support - the rumble, even more.

QUOTE said:
Having GBA ROMS stored on a Transflash card defeats the purpose. You'd run into huge compatibility issues unless you copied them to NOR or NAND flash memory, which is what happens with this unit.

Strange. 95% of the games I play on my EZ IV Flash run just fine in NAND (without transferring t NOR)

Get a second transflash card and just carry it in your DS carry case or something. Since most people (not on GBAtemp) carry around multiple game carts to begin with, this is something you should be willing to do if you absolutely need it.

Uhhh, yea... that's a smart thing to do. Carry around something that's small as my pinky in my pocket.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. 95% of the games I play on my EZ IV Flash run just fine in NAND (without transferring t NOR)

They do not run from your SD, they are transfered to PSRAM for execution. NAND is completely unsuitable to run GBA code from, it's just too slow. That other 5% of games that need to be burned to NOR are probably all 256Mb's, right? The EZ4 (microSD) and old EZ4 lite (ie not compact or deluxe) only have 128 Mb's of PSRAM meaning games larger then that need to be burned to NOR.

Oh... I don't think I've heard it mention does this thing have an RTC? Not that I care much, but I know others might.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative