ujoewong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
http://www.ezflash.cn/en/?cat=2

go grab yours now... After so many months.. finally an update..

EZ-FLASH 5 Kernel v1.6 upgrade instruction

1. Please backup your valuable data on the MicroSD, like the ROM and saver folder.

2. Format the MicroSD with FAT16

3. Extract the downloaded kernel package to the root folder of MicroSD. then copy the backuped data back.
4. Press the R key when boot up EZ5 cart till the EZ5 upgrade menu showa up. press R again to upgrade the kernel and A enter the new kernel after upgrade.

5. Click the "blue question mark" button to popup the Help window. Verify the version number on window title.

6. The "ez5upldr.bin" in the root folder can be deleted safely after kernel upgrade.

Improvement of the upgrade
1. Lower touch screen can be operated, the five icon on the left side is: Brightness adjustment/Cheat toggle(not open yet)/Help/Option/Shutdown by descending order.

2. Removed the MicroSD speed setting and added icon size toggle in the system option.

3. The new kernel used second generation internal hybrid engine. no more savelist needed.

4. Moonshell 1.71 used as system kernel. DPG2 supported

Usage of 3in1 expansion pack
1. The support of Browser and GBA gaming not changed.

2. Rumble and GBA Link can be toggled by touch the button at the center of lower screen. the default setting is Rumble enabled.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw on the sosuke's forum, awesome, gonna update now. Was going to post the news as well xD
EDIT: I noticed in the instructions that it says to format to FAT16, some people on the forums, have success on FAT32, so I guess it's safe to try.

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the difference between FAT16 and FAT32?

Does is make a diffrence if my micro-sd is formatted in one type or the other?

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
doesn't seem to be critical, but no harm following the instructions?

I always thought that such a kernel should have existed at the very beginning, but anyway, better late than never!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat