Hacking Ez flash omega not working

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So just bought ez flash omega, did everything I should to start it up (on my gba sp ags 001), but when I turn on the gba, the little nintendo thing won't show up. As if it didn't even recognize somethings in there. But when I turn on the gba without a cartrage in it, and put the cart in, the gba will re-do the startup sequence (without the nintendo thing of course) which won't happen with any other cartrage, that has to mean the cart is working but I'm not doing something right. The SD card contains the ez .bin file, the card is 16 gb, fat32 32kb. What am I doing wrong?

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cart goes in first, then you turn on the GBA.
which I know, I just saw this somewhere online that this helps in some cases.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mine worked. It must be a contact issue with the flash cart contact with the console pins. No need for a firmware file to be on the sd card only it your updating the cart. Yours could be defective and try getting a replacement if needed.
thanks, but that might be a problem...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
which I know, I just saw this somewhere online that this helps in some cases.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks, but that might be a problem...

In the day and age of the DS, DSi then now the 3DS, where the cart is hotswapable, someone picking up a GBA well afterwards can and will automatically assume it is the same with the older gen handheld when it is not.

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the day and age of the DS, DSi then now the 3DS, where the cart is hotswapable, someone picking up a GBA well afterwards can and will automatically assume it is the same with the older gen handheld when it is not.
What are you implying exactly? That I don't know the difference between a ds and a gba? Or did I missunderstand you?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't personally know you to know if you have a DS or not or how long you had a GBA. That isn't in your posts here.

Your probably taking my posts as something personal. The GBA has been discontinued for about 8 years, A whole host of issues can come up with EOL hardware.

Things like the GBA and any skant information on questions about a problem will bring up things that will have to be assumed or guessed at like:
1. Did the poster have the GBA for years or recently picked one up or given as a hand me down.
2. Has the GBA or the flashcart become defective.
3. Has the battery failed or has the PCB burned out when the GBA is powered on and shuts down shortly afterwards or is it a burned out screen.
4. When a flascart is inserted and there is no Nintendo logo under Gameboy logo, is it a flashcart issue or is it a worn out pin connectors.
etc.

Nobody here is a mind reader. Getting replys doesn't necessary get a poster acceptable answers that can fix the poster's issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.