Misc GBA Ez flash omega de freezing after replacement unit

gabrielgamer999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, back in the fall i bought an ezflash de and it was having issues freezing, I tried different sd cards and different systems (fat ds, gba sp ags-101 and gameboy player) and no matter what it would always freeze within a few hours of play (with the gba test cart rom and a pokemon emerald rom that was ripped with a gba cart reader) . So i decided to return that one. Over the holidays i decided to get another one (from a different seller) and this new one seems to be having the exact same issues. Only way to never get freezing is to use games in NOR. Both where updated to the latest firmware that is said to fix freezing

So my questions are
1. What is the best way to format the sd card?
2. Could i just be unlucky and got two bad carts in a row
also once the gba tester cart crashed on the results page and threw up this dma error no idea if that could help figure out what the issue is.
3. is there known issues with certain revs of consoles?
4. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue (I really want one of these to work they seem so cool and feature filled compared to an everdrive)
271853574_332967575366319_4578621903972812960_n.jpg

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
It does freeze in the Game Boy Player for you too? That would rule out power issues. I get similar runtimes on 2 AGS-001 before it either glitches out failing tests or freezes. Only on a DS lite it survived 16 hours.

EZ-Flash only told me it's a power issue but if your cart is not faulty and still freezes in a GBP this must be a firmware issue.

edit:
Can you also try my test ROM both on NOR and PSRAM?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-omega-de-rtc-not-working-randomly.604513/post-9704785

gabrielgamer999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i can try the testing rom. NOR never froze on my last cart so i might assume it won't freeze on this cart.
I will reply back with the results.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds weird. The hash it gives usually matches the hash in the file name if the padding is fine. For me PSRAM has no issues and passes both tests. NOR write is wonky however and i get bit flips in random locations (the padding test will reveal this).

You can also test the upper half of the NOR flash if you want by formatting it completely, writing a random 32 MB game and then the test ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.