Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dont want to be an EZ apologist, I most certainly am not. I had no faith EZF Omega would retain my saves without corrupting, even with good save practice so I returned my unit and I'm waiting on my X5 mini Everdrive

but I also have x3 for GB/C, without a battery and RTC functionality - and what's the big deal with using ROM patches where it asks the date and time every time you start up the game?

Are you guys playing just Pokemon 24/7 so much so its that big of a deal to use ROM patches or something?/QUOTE]

The BIG deal is that this feature was promised in the freaking product as something that actually worked! If it wasn't part of its "supposed" features, I wouldn't mind, but I paid for something that I am NOT getting.

Do you understand now?

Last edited by nashismo,
Reactions: playstays_shun

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The BIG deal is that this feature was promised in the freaking product as something that actually worked! If it wasn't part of its "supposed" features, I wouldn't mind, but I paid for something that I am NOT getting.

Do you understand now?

I see

RTC is what swayed you over x3/x5 in the first place

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
they obliviously cant fix it. They've already moved onto other products.

We will release a new test firmware soon, since the issue which caused time offset is hard to catch. Hardware development is not like the software one which has the hep of lot of advanced tools , sometimes it's more like catching a mouse in a dark, cluttered house. if you can see, every test version of FW5 and K1.05 are keeping solve the issue bit by bit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you understand now?

Each of the features listed on the official product page can be presented to the user at last.

As time goes on, we will be adding new features to the list.

Reactions: WiLLiW

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will release a new test firmware soon, since the issue which caused time offset is hard to catch. Hardware development is not like the software one which has the hep of lot of advanced tools , sometimes it's more like catching a mouse in a dark, cluttered house. if you can see, every test version of FW5 and K1.05 are keeping solve the issue bit by bit.

Each of the features listed on the official product page can be presented to the user at last.

the crazy part is it's your hardware, it shouldn't even be like that. Create the hardware around the code. lol

aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honestly, considering they have to emulate a device that is mostly undocumented, the bugs are understandable.
For instance, what is the RTC supposed to do if someone writes a time of 250:98:62 to it? This might seem like complete nonsense, and it is, but it's also very easy to do in code, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if emulating this correctly was critical to get some games working.

Reactions: WiLLiW

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I see

RTC is what swayed you over x3/x5 in the first place

Multiple this by almost everyone else that bought it :)

But to be truly honest, what I wait the most is Super Gameboy features support. Does the x3/x5 has that? Cheers.

I will copy a post by user Bizzie here (he posted in the wrong place):

I know it can't be used yet, but I think adding a option for a "reset to game" in the menu would make this work (or something similar) other flashcarts have this and through that you can use reset the cart and the Super Game Boy will automatically recognize which game it is since it has been flashed to the cart before.

pic related.png

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yay! Thank you for your hard work! A Nice and cheap flash cart for my old game boy light and yet a hardworker developer for it! I'm so proud of You:wub:

Last edited by WiLLiW,

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
I am trying the latest firmware on my Game Boy Light and it doesn't work, it stays stuck on the "Nintendo" logo after selecting the game. It does run fine on the Gameboy Advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work somehow.

Last edited by mathieulh,

Toivogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New problem, is that the flash card rtc is getting wrong over time. The same problem is in ez flash omega. How did they screwed that up on both flash cards?

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying the latest firmware on my Game Boy Light and it doesn't work, it stays stuck on the "Nintendo" logo after selecting the game. It does run fine on the Gameboy Advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work somehow.
It's nice to see another GBL comrade around here

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I wish I could shout.
The RTC issue that haunting us for over two months was finally catched and resolved today(it seems), and I'll release a new beta kernel and firmware after a few internal testers report back!

Thanks to all users for their support and trust in us, as well as several folks who helped us test.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could shout.
The RTC issue that haunting us for over two months was finally catched and resolved today(it seems), and I'll release a new beta kernel and firmware after a few internal testers report back!

Thanks to all users for their support and trust in us, as well as several folks who helped us test.
I have not bailed on u I and still a EZ-Flash Jr. User [emoji14]

Toivogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wish I could shout.

Have you separated rct file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-