1. Mrconfusedwii

OP Mrconfusedwii Newbie
    Newcomer

Albania
    Ive just got the junior and running it on my GBC. Seems great so far apart from a few issues.
    Ive updated to the latest kernal and for some reason all my games arent showing in my folders.
    Ive got two folders, one called GB and one called GBC. in GB i have 80 games, GBC 101.

Not all my games display in teh list. i think i can scroll to about 70 of them and then i cant go any further, so i have zelda links awakening dx as one of my last and i cant see it

So for now im separating them out into a few folders eg GBC A-C etc.

IS this a hardware limitation of might this improve?

2. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I hope this will be improved. At the moment, the following things are having issues or are not recommended / supported:

- creating subfolders
    - more than 100 files in a folder or the root
    - special characters in file/folder names like: ( ) " ! $ [ ] etc...
    - long filenames
    - more than 32 files/folders at all :blink: !?!?! (I'am not sure)
    - using clone consoles like Kong Fengs "GB Boy Colour"
    - using backlight modded original consoles

The card is really nice, but these limitations are making it impossible to carry around a full GB / GBC game set with you. So it's a shame that you can only carry around about 100 games (about 50 MB - 100 MB) on a 4 GB - 64 GB microSD card :cry:

3. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    First off, once you complete your 100th game you van always put new games on it.
    Second, I believe it's 32 folders with a maximum of 100 files per folder.

But you van start with completing 100 games :P.

4. Mochipo

Mochipo Member
    Newcomer

France
    yes, 100 files max per folder at the root, but there are still the other problems. I hope they will update their linker quickly. Because personally, it annoys me not to be able to put the full set of GB/GBC games because of these problems.

5. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I really have to say, that the way the the EZ Junior is handeling the whole "file-sorting" system is completely incomprehensible for me. For what? There is no box art support or anything that would make sense.

The Everdrive card leads the way, yes, they are expensive. But there are clones, for around 50 $. They don't have limitations like that. I personally own a JACK DIY card, this card is an everdrive clone, but, it has no issues with subfolders, or thousands of files. They have cheat support, and everything works flawlessly. They work on all my clone game boy consoles.

The EZ Junior maybe the cheapest option on the market, and i really like the team behind it. I own many linkers from them. For GBA and NDS. But the way, that the card performs is not really acceptable. So many limitations. The only reason the get the card is the hardware reset button, that's a cool feature, i have to admit. But anyone, who can dispense that feature, should get an everdrive card or a clone like the JACK DIY.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  6. Mochipo

Mochipo Member
    Newcomer

France
    The card is still young. The EZ-Flash team will make it all better ^^

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Just organize your games into folders by letter. For example A-F, G-M, N-S, T-Z. Makes it quicker to find the game you want too since you don't have to scroll through the entire list.
    Can't get firmware updates with the JACK DIY though. All of the issues with the EZFlash Junior can be fixed with updates.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - limitation, junior, amount