EZ Flash iv doesn't work, Gets stuck on a GBC bootscreen

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Macdoo, May 3, 2012.

1. Macdoo
    OP

Newcomer Macdoo Newbie

United Kingdom
    I recently bought an EZ Flash iv cart, and it hasn't worked so far. I've been fixing it up, newest firmware and all that, when suddenly every time I plug it in I get the Game Boy Colour boot up screen with Nintendo blacked out. Anybody have any idea what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The actual Game Boy Colour boot screen because that would be odd? (GBC modes on the GBA and SP are launched by a little tab/switch being pushed down inside it).

A dodgy nintendo logo on the GBA screen usually indicates a bad header but in practice unless you are loading a game it tends to mean dodgy contacts so give them a clean (a cotton bud and some rubbing alcohol or proper acetone nail polish remover in a pinch- not the stuff mixed with other stuff unless you have proper contact cleaner).

1 person likes this.
  3. Macdoo
    OP

Newcomer Macdoo Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ah, I see now. Seems I was just forcing the Flash Cart into the GBA (probably a bit frustrated) too hard. I pulled it out a bit from where it was and it works fine. I'll try cleaning it later, too. Thanks, Fast.