Homebrew EZ-Flash 4 Lite Deluxe, M3 Lite, or supercard lite

Which is better for emulation (DS, GBA, SNES, NES) and homebrew?

• EZ-Flash 4 Lite Deluxe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M3 Lite

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Supercard Lite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you are rich and want it all: m3 lite (heard dsorganize doesn't work wtih it)
if you are poor and want DS + homebrew: supercard lite
if you are poor and want DS + GBA: ezflash

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dont pick EZ since it had low compatibility nds roms. Maybe I am wrong.
smile.gif

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZ4 has excellent compatibility with DS roms. The only ones that don't work are Pokemon Dash, Puyo Pop Fever, and some other japanese ones. (there may be a couple more. Don't quote me on this)

I have had no problems with DS compatibility. Everything that I have wanted to play works.

Now homebrew on the otherhand, that isn't perfect. There seems to be quite a few saving issues. If you REALLY want homebrew, then maybe the EZ4 isn't the flashcart for you.

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i own an ez4lite (oldmodel) and a m3lite/m3perfectSD. Well ill just say this its not just about when your cart is in your ds and are playing. its alot to me about the UI and software. dont get me wrong compat. is important but its allready been stated ez4 has equal if not just a lil less compat. to SC and M3 for NDS and ez4>all for GBA well ez3still beats it but other newer carts.

I dont even use my m3's my gf uses the SD and i havent even really used my m3lite. Mainly i like my ez4 more cause of the tuchscreen UI, and easy loading of the microSD. Its just open game in software, name it if the rom naming isnt uptodate(fans update this list b4 ezteam normaly) and click send thats it! creates the sav for you and every thing its alot more steps to get newer games to run on a m3 you have to choose differnt options to make the game run and this usualy takes a few times in and out of your cart/sd reader.

I have noticed batt life seems to be abit longer on the ez4 as well. though im comparing the m3perfectSD to the ez4lite so i donno.

One down side for ez4 that used to take place was updates to the client/loader dont come as fast as m3's. but that kinda says somthing in it self. most new games have played first load on my ez4 and not my m3 having to resend it usen a safemode option in their client. or having to wait for them to release an update to be able to play it.

so as you can see im kinda a ez4fanboy these days, o did i mention my ez4deluxe is in the mail now. so ill be able to let my gf use my old one muaha good bye m3(till my ez4 dosent play somthing it does)

Edit- i noticed the comment title of this poll "Which is better for emulation (DS, GBA, SNES, NES) and homebrew?" With the exeption of homebrew its Ez4lite hands down all snes and nes emus run on it just as well as sc,m3 and like i said above ez3/4 are the best carts for gba.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first post.

Just had a question for Wicked. You say homebrew doesn't run to well on EZ, is there a compatibility list somewhere? I'm interested in Moonshell and DS Organize mainly.

Thanks.

Cache

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
moonshell runs great (the EZTeam released some code to the author right after the EZ4 was released), DSOrganise works but does not save (no workable write code existed before dragonminded vanished but the source was released and things are being worked upon), a lot of homebrew uses GBFS (all the popular emulators have a version) which will work fine too.

DS compatibility list:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.p...patability_List

There is a homebrew list on the wiki too somewhere.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moonshell runs great (the EZTeam released some code to the author right after the EZ4 was released), DSOrganise works but does not save (no workable write code existed before dragonminded vanished but the source was released and things are being worked upon), a lot of homebrew uses GBFS (all the popular emulators have a version) which will work fine too.

DS compatibility list:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.p...patability_List

There is a homebrew list on the wiki too somewhere.

Excellent, thank you FAST6191.

Enjoy your evening.

hassano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so basically all flash carts are equal. I'd just like to know which is the best for the following.

1) SNES and NES emulation
2) DS emulation
3) GBA emulation
4) Homebrew
5) Media
6) Over-all Value

I know that everyone refrenced these already, but i'd like to see each topic seperately then choose which i need the most and I can pick that way. Thanks for all the help, it really is confusing to choose from those three since theyre so similar.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2) DS emulation. M3 (fast updates) > SC (more games compatible than EZ4) > EZ4 (still very good)
3) GBA emulation. EZ4 > M3 (who's better EZ4 or M3? Can't really judge but i prefer EZ) > SC (bad compared to other two)
4) Homebrew. SC > M3 (only slight diff between m3 and SC) > EZ4
5) Media. moonshell works for all of them. no difference on 3 carts
6) Over-all Value. If you like homebrew, GBA and DS get M3. if you like DS and Homebrew only SC (+cheaper). ifyou like DS and GBA only and u're poor - EZ4)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: