Hacking EZ flash 3 in 1 not loading save files anymore?

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to play a game by booting a game from wood r4, and it worked flawlessly up until this point, where the save file wasn't being read and I had to start my game all over again. Anything I can do? Please help.
unsure.gif

D

Deleted-273695

Yeah this happened to me and then I found out on the interwebs that it was hard to boot up into sav files from it.
If I had my Lite I could figure it out for you but it's being refurbished and my parts haven't come yet but I will test when I get them.
I think that if you erase the nor of a game you will lose sav data.
Make sure you're using Ruldolph's 3 in 1 loader and then just try to boot from nor and psram

Heres info from another site that might just help.

====== 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool V1.7 ======

How to use the 3in1 ExpPack Tool

You may need to apply the DLDI patch for your flashcart before using this app.
Version 1.7 is pre-patched for the R4/M3 Simply.

Create a folder named GBA in the root of your memory card, and create a folder named Save inside the GBA folder.
GBA backups go in the /GBA folder. Saves will be placed in the /GBA/SAVE folder.

L and R switch between the PSRAM, NOR and Rumble screens. The Rumble screen only shows up on supported carts.

PSRAM Mode:

(A) Load the selected game into PSRAM and run it.

[start] Load the selected game into PSRAM and soft reset back to the flashcart menu.
(only works on R4/M3 Simply and DSLink) Until the power is turned off, the game in PSRAM
will be used when switching to GBA mode or using DSGBA linkage.

(B) Backup the save for the last game run from PSRAM.
(X) Backup all SRAM to SRAM.BIN.
(Y) Restore all SRAM from SRAM.BIN.

NOR Mode:

(A) Write the selected game to NOR.
(X) Start the game that is in the NOR.
(B) Backup the save from the NOR game to a file.
(Y) Restore the save for the NOR game from the save file.

Rumble Mode:

This screen has options for enabling rumble and the web browser RAM expansion.
The options on this screen will currently only work with the R4/M3 Simply and the DSLink

Select an option and press (A) to enable that feature and soft reset back to the flashcart menu.
The feature you enabled should now work for any DS game or app that supports it.

Make sure your flashcart is dldi patched before starting.

Hope I helped
biggrin.gif

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wellit doesnt give me a specific error, but the game loads nas if the save isnt even there... ans yes i checked if my save file was still on the sd card. i didnt test ALL games, but out of the few i tested it was all of them. ive had my ez flash for a few weeks at the most.

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, at first i was loading the games from the wood r4 firmware, but i could give rudolphs a try, cant atm but thanks!

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the Exploader, but it wouldn't load from my SAV file. Yes they're in GBA_SAVE .... I really don't want to restart my games again from square 1..

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like this for all games, though. the problem is that the save file i had isnt being being used anymore, and have to start the game over again. it was working fine until just one day..just stopped working

I COULD save the game, even though i have to start from scratch
do you think that my save file wont get corrupted again or anything like it did now? i dont mind replaying it, just as long as it doesnt happen again

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, i saw that when i very first booted up exploader
though now whenever i start it up it asks something to do with sav and sram ( i cant remember what it said) but now, it shows my games and says current sram save : golden sun 1.sv1, in psram mode. on nor mode it says empty or new state

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your getting a window like this, pick a save slot or your save will be discarded.

DSCN0146c.jpg

This would be user fail problem.

If you got a problem with picking between multiple saves. turn it off by editing the ini file in the root directory of the microSD and remove the # in front of the No_MultiSave and save the file. This will reduce the number of saves down to 1 per game.

Code:
No_MultiSaveÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! No Multi Save

It is the last line in the ini file.

---

In the Multi-Sav window, pressing B will discard or cancel your action, pressing A will select a slot. use the dpad to move up and down.

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you showed me the screen that asks if I wanted to use the 3in1 as a slot-2 device, i didn't get that at the time. But recently I got that screen and I couldn't play from my saves anymore, and yes i created a new save IN exploader. For some reason it started working again and after a while, it stopped working once more. Probably for good too.

takninds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, for some reason it says no SAV available or whatever, and then I go over the game I want to play, it has a SAV slot and slot 1 saved...like you could see when I saved the games too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1