Hacking EZ-Flash 3 4Gbit $55 - Good buy?

other

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I saw that the EZ3 4Gbit only costs $55 over at winsunx (http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=630), and wondered if it's a good buy? From the gbatemp review, it seems really good, unless the 4Gbit version is crappier than the 1Gbit one. I'm planning to use it with my Nintendo DS, but only for GBA games. I already have a SuperCard SD, which works fine for NDS and emulators, but not so fine with GBA games.

So what do you think? Is it a bad choice? 512MB should be enough for only GBA stuff. Am I missing something about the price? Is it like the M3, a cheaper chinese version and a more expensive one for the rest of the world? I know that shipping is ~$20, but it's still cheap.

other

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crap. Paypal told me I can't make anymore payments if I don't sign up for some extended use program, which was supposed to take 3-4 days. Since I'm going away next week, I don't have the time to do this. I wanted to use this to play Yoshi's Island (which I haven't played, and I love platformers) during my vacation. I don't want my first experience with the game to be full of slow-downs (i.e. playing it on the SuperCard). Plus I needed that bag that I also ordered.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
That's a great buy
smile.gif
The EZ-Flash 3 is still the best flashcart for GBA uses in my opinion.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOW! damn it i bought a EZ2 PS about 4 months ago just before all the DS flashcard hype and NOW THIS. grr makes me soo angry when i paid like $90 US just for the Cart from jandaman. and normally im really good with waiting for things too.

*crosses arms and sits in the GBAtemp corner*

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! damn it i bought a EZ2 PS about 4 months ago just before all the DS flashcard hype and NOW THIS. grr makes me soo angry when i paid like $90 US just for the Cart from jandaman. and normally im really good with waiting for things too.

*crosses arms and sits in the GBAtemp corner*
I'm pretty sure my last flash cart buy was worse than yours. I bought a 128Mb EZF-Advance III for $60. The product itself works just fine as long as you only put one game on at a time and one knows in advance what size save his/her eeprom games use. Problems tend to arise when one attempts to have multiple games because it will only transfer the first savegame on a cart back to a computer, and it will only load a save onto the first game on the cart. Furthermore, a soft reset causes data to erase, and for some reason Pogoshell won't load anything if it is used. Oddly enough, I think that Jandaman no longer sells these, quite possibly because they are so terrible.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, there's a 5% discount that brings it down to just under $55.

I ordered mine today, and my only worry is that it might not arrive by August 13.

other

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah, there's a 5% discount that brings it down to just under $55.

I ordered mine today, and my only worry is that it might not arrive by August 13.

But when I tried ordering one when it was still $55, there was also a 5% discount, bringing the price down to $52.25. Not that it matters, I was just making a (boring) joke.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I didn't notice.

Argh, they're out of stock! They sent a refund, so I just have to wait for Paypal to clear it, but still, they should put OUT OF STOCK on the site so that you don't have to waste time like this.

FNORD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the version I got...

I was very happy when it arrived here (except for the taxes...).
The box is beatiful and small, great...

However... I couldn't install the damn drivers!!!
mad.gif

I tried many ways... All versions, all tips from sosuke, everything! But my XP does not recognizes it!!!

frown.gif

PackingHeat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Covarr. I got the last ones before you ordered. I bought 4 but was contacted 6 days later and informed they only had 2 left so I had to adjust my order and a couple of my buds got left out. I have been trying to get an answer as to when they will have more in stock but so far have received no reply. If anyone else hears when they will have more please post it here. Thanks. My tracking info says mine will arrive tomorrow.

Faqop

Trophies
XP
Country

However... I couldn't install the damn drivers!!!Â
mad.gif

I tried many ways... All versions, all tips from sosuke, everything! But my XP does not recognizes it!!!

frown.gif
I've had the same problem with EZFlash III... I bought it two days ago and have been unable to get it to format my memory or upload a game to it.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

However... I couldn't install the damn drivers!!! 
mad.gif

frown.gif

I've had the same problem with EZFlash III... I bought it two days ago and have been unable to get it to format my memory or upload a game to it.

The problem seems to be the USB cable that comes with the EZ Writer. Go buy one from your local electronics store and it should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU