Gaming Extracting images from an ISO

bnui_ransder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very n00b question, but is it possible to go through an ISO file for the Wii and convert them into a JPG/PNG/etc? It would help a bunch as im trying to make a guide for some games, like One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2 for example. If I could find the image location for the maps I could make a detailed listing of where to find certain things.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe. The problem is that most of the files on a Wii ISO, as you might know, are encrypted, and usually (and depending on what kind of file they are) they have more files inside them (and usually, they're encrypted, ._.). That's what I call a mess.

bnui_ransder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn... I figured it would be something like that... I was digging around a bit in some ISO files and even if I could somehow find what im looking for... it wouldn't all be in one spot would it?

Ah, oh well. I guess I will just have to do it the old fashioned way. Ill just leave the map on screen, sketch it, scan it into comp, whatever.

Thanks for the help!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
bnui_ransder said:
Damn... I figured it would be something like that... I was digging around a bit in some ISO files and even if I could somehow find what im looking for... it wouldn't all be in one spot would it?

Ah, oh well. I guess I will just have to do it the old fashioned way. Ill just leave the map on screen, sketch it, scan it into comp, whatever.

Thanks for the help!

No, they won't. Maybe on a subdirectory, but not on the same file. For example: the SMG levels (which you can see with tools like BMDView2 after decrypting them). As you might now, there are file-formats that still doesn't have "workaround" tools, :/...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...