ROM Hack Extract Switch games on Mac?

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I am just wondering what free program is out there to extract Switch games. I had Winzip but my trial expired. I tried to delete and reinstall and that didn't work (I should have known...) but was just wondering if anyone else uses a Mac and can tell me what program to use to extract Switch games...i've tried UnrarX and Unarchiver.....

AshuraBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I understand your objective or not. You'd like to extract the *.xci file that's in *.zip, *.rar or you want to extract files in *.xci? because I see that you have tried The Unarchiver which I also have been using it and never had any issues.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I am just wondering what free program is out there to extract Switch games. I had Winzip but my trial expired. I tried to delete and reinstall and that didn't work (I should have known...) but was just wondering if anyone else uses a Mac and can tell me what program to use to extract Switch games...i've tried UnrarX and Unarchiver.....

As Mac user, what compression folder is Switch uses it? ZIP? RAR?

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download RAR 5.60 for Mac

2. Extract the files with Archive Utility, which are default.sfx, rar, rarfiles.lst, unrar, to “/usr/local/bin”. (You can simply use Finder and click "Go" and enter the path "/usr/local/bin")

To unrar your RAR file (i.e. to extract the contents of the RAR file), use the following command in Terminal:

unrar x file.rar

Note: Replace “file.rar” with the path and filename of the the first RAR file in a set that you will be extracting, and then press the enter key. The contents of the RAR files will be extracted to your current working directory.

or

If you wish to extract the contents of the file to a particular directory, use this command instead:

unrar e file.rar /pathToExtractTo

Replace “file.rar” with the path and filename of the RAR file that you wish to extract; and, replace “ /pathToExtractTo” with the path that you wish to extract the contents to.

Last edited by morrison22,
Reactions: Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download RAR 5.60 for Mac

2. Extract the files with Archive Utility, which are default.sfx, rar, rarfiles.lst, unrar, to “/usr/local/bin”. (You can simply use Finder and click "Go" and enter the path "/usr/local/bin")

To unrar your RAR file (i.e. to extract the contents of the RAR file), use the following command in Terminal:

unrar x file.rar

Note: Replace “file.rar” with the path and filename of the the first RAR file in a set that you will be extracting, and then press the enter key. The contents of the RAR files will be extracted to your current working directory.

or

If you wish to extract the contents of the file to a particular directory, use this command instead:

unrar e file.rar /pathToExtractTo

Replace “file.rar” with the path and filename of the RAR file that you wish to extract; and, replace “ /pathToExtractTo” with the path that you wish to extract the contents to.

Thanks! That worked perfectly! I usually avoid Terminal stuff unless I absolutely have to but this made it very easy :)

Reactions: morrison22

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
winrar
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

it says command line only, whatever that means
or use google to search

It means what my instructions in the previous post explain to do. There is no Graphical User Interface (GUI) for WinRAR on OS-X, so it is to be used via text input using Terminal.

I'm always more than happy to offer information if it helps at least 1 person (and maybe others in the future.) :)

Thanks! That worked perfectly! I usually avoid Terminal stuff unless I absolutely have to but this made it very easy :)

You're welcome! Glad it worked for you. The possibilities of Terminal are plentiful. ;)

Reactions: dsrules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Superbad is another great one, lots have never seen. McLovin is the man.